Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-03-2006, 04:20 AM   #1
waxdass
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53979
Default CEL fix but still getting CEL?

Hi

I have a complete catless system on my Aus 2003 STi

I have followed these instruction on how to clear the CEL i am getting (after about 100kms of driving). I got it checked and my tuner said it was a error code for the 02 sensor.

today i wired in this circut...
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...hlight=exhaust

I havestarted the car back and my CEL is still there. Does anybody know if it takes "driving time" to make the ecutek re-learn that there is a cat (CEL fix) there?
Or does it come off straight away ?

any help appreciated
waxdass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2006, 04:30 AM   #2
WRX04Blue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104825
Vehicle:
04 WRX
WR Blue

The tuner should be able to shut off the CEL with and ECUTEK. I know they can around my area. Also try doing a "swedish reset" as I learned it. Take off both battery cabels and touch them together for 30 seconds. That resets the ECU. Then try it and see if it comes back on from there. Best of luck.
John
WRX04Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:41 AM   #3
waxdass
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53979

Id rather not pay labour my tuner is going to charge me to do it thru the ecutek.
also - thats not the best way to reset an ecu.

Last edited by waxdass; 02-03-2006 at 05:26 AM.
waxdass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
WRX04Blue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104825
Vehicle:
04 WRX
WR Blue

I read the link and it should work fine. I would reset the ECU and see if it comes on again.
WRX04Blue is offline   Reply With Quote