Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday January 19, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
SubaHank
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508950
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WR blue

Question 2015 WRX MT Python 5706 remote start/alarm FAIL

So, the guy who did my remote start/alarm install either was in a hurry or was too high to care about his work. The wiring looked like a bird's nest, some butt connectors weren't even crimped and things that should've been soldered were quickly spliced with a little electrical tape. However, despite the ridiculous install, the remote start and alarm did function appropriately.

Now to the point. I decided to try and make the install look more organized. This required lengthening/shortening some wires and some new soldering. The process seemed pretty straightforward. If I take my time and work on one wire at a time everything should work as it did before......except it doesn't.

These are the issues:

a. Car remote starts but dies after about 1-2 seconds of running. Shutdown diagnostics is 3 flashes "low or no rpm."

b. Remote doesn't lock/unlock doors, however, parking lights still flash 2x for unlock and 1x for lock. Also, there is no "chirp" or "honk" during unlock/lock.

c. During "pit stop" mode, there is an audible "click" from the remote start ECU and lights flash 1x, then there are 2 more faint "clicks," then a TPMS fault is thrown. It'll do this 3x in a row then stop. If I take the key out as your supposed to, the car shuts down will try to remote start itself, instead of staying on.

In addition to the remote start ECM (Python 5706), there are 2 bypass modules (idatalink ADS-ALCA). I assume one is the immobilizer and the other is the lock/unlock doors?

The WRX still starts normally with the OEM key and the lock/unlock/trunk still functions correctly as well. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Or where/what should I be looking at first? I'm not new to troubleshooting mechanical issues, but electrical and especially remote start systems are difficult, to say the least.
SubaHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links