Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 18, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
knightangle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492769
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Sonic Yellow

Default 03 WRX built for reliability?

So this is something Iím seriously considering. I just graduated college and just got a full time job in accounting. Trying to counter that boringness with an exciting car.

I did a JDM swap with my tax return this year cause I thought I blew my engine (it was the ac pulley hitting the TB cover) Iím just a paranoid tard.

ANYWAY! I want this car to be as reliable as possible. The engine I got from jspecauto.com and had great compression and roughly 50k miles on it.

I f***ing love this car guys, it is a friggin blast! But I get nervous driving it long distances cause itís old.

My goal is anywhere from 350-400 hp in the most reliable way possible. I donít want to send rods through heads, spin a bearing, blow a gasket, worry about any of that.

I spoke with guys at signalmotorsports in Salem MA about what I want and they say I donít need a full blown built engine.

With those goals in mind whatís the best way to go about it? I plan on doing a full mishimoto cooling system and have my exhaust picked out, turboXS and Tomei. (Still reading and learning about turbos).

I know the stock internals are only good for around that much power (or so Iíve read) and I donít want to ruin that.

In the end if I wanted to take it on a road trip to see my grand parents or go for a drive too and through the mountains I could with out having to worry.

Thanks for your help guys!

Ps. I know itís not all over night and of course saving for it is part of it. Doesnít hurt to get a head start and thinking of my options now and planning for it
knightangle is offline   Reply With Quote