Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2001, 11:27 PM   #1
Impreza Vixen

Member#:
Thumbs up The Southeastern Subaru Club is now OFFICIAL!-PLEASE READ

First of all I want to thank all of those who attended the meeting in Chattanooga, TN this past Saturday May 19th!!!!!!!!!

To bring everyone up to speed in case you are new to the South East Region Forum or could not be at the meeting Saturday; There was a meeting held at Kelly Cadillac-Subaru-Saab to form an official Southeastern Region Subaru Owners Club including all the states in this area. Meeting minutes were taken.
What I can tell you now:

1. Club officers were nominated and voted:
Amanda Haines, Nashville, TN-President
Jason Randolph, Huntsville, AL-Vice President
Ronald Driver, Chattanooga, TN-Treasurer
Sandra Poore, Memphis, TN-Secretary

and
Mike Paone of Atlanta, Georgia will be our Representative of the Club Members (who is not an officer-but an important voice of the members which will be imperative when making financial decisions especially so that Club Officers do not play God with your money!)

13 people total attended, representing Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. (This number includes members, also in attendance who's idea to form the club were Alfred Odister, Salesman, and Marcus Subaru's regional parts rep for the South East Region.)

So far I've estimated probably at least 30 of you total who are interested in participating in the club and most of those who could not make it that wanted to were at other events going on this weekend.

So hopefully you guys will post a message and let us all know how everything went

The meeting seemed to go very smoothly and I was very impressed with everyone I FINALLY got to meet in person. I had a lot of fun.
We went out to eat later and it was awesome to see all our cars parked next to each other in a row in the parking lot (I'm such a geek!)

I don't want to type too much right now until Sandra Poore has finished editing the minutes for posting. We'll have those for you as soon as possible, we discussed many ideas for the direction of the club. This is all very new and fresh and other decisions will be revisited at future meetings.

The next meeting will be scheduled for either June 15th or 22nd at Kelly in Chattanooga, for now we have decided that meetings will be held there until we finally have things going more smoothly, eventually we will move meetings to other states in the region and we'll follow events so that we can have our meetings at events and such.

To close this message I would like to include our Mission Statement composed by Jason Randolph the Vice President.

Before I do so, I want to add that this club is for anyone. The mission statement reflects the maturity that the club as a whole would like to represent, and the camaraderie and importance of a well balanced respectful relationship between its members.

You do not have to have any modifications to your vehicle to become a member. We who join together to do this club already have one common interest-SUBARU. We want to create new bonds with others who are either extreme enthusiasts, or simple Subaru lovers.
Mission Statement:
It is the mission of the Southeastern Subaru Club (SSC) to become and sustain
a welcome and accepting environment that fosters the development and exchange
of information that promotes the appeal of, and dedication to, the Subaru
automobile. As an increasingly diverse community with differing beliefs yet
shared values, we will meet together on a regular basis to strengthen and
promote the Club. We will be loyal and dedicated to each and all members of
the Club, and do whatever is in our power to assist other members in any way
possible. We will display ourselves and our Club to the community at large
as one which does not promote violence or drug use, but rather one that
promotes positive goals and respect for others. We foster an ethical basis
for living, celebrate in life's diversity, and will not discriminate based on
sex, race, age, religion, or physical handicap.

Thanks so much to all those currently involved. The meeting was very productive and I believe we've started something grand we can all be very proud of. I will issue another statement later this week regarding the meeting, I am sure many of you have lots of questions right now.

Kind Regards,
Amanda