Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday January 24, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #26
WhiteZombie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338863
Vehicle:
PSM 05 WRX WGN 5MT
95 Caprice 6spd Track Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
I don't think you guys are quite understanding the issue some have including myself. Holding the brake pedal consistently while reaching 3" over where the gas pedal is almost 2" depth wise away , blipping the throttle, all while keep the same consistency on the brake pedal.

Thats the issue.

My 6yr niece old can rev match while downshifting.

What's even harder, as explained in my recent post, is practicing while daily driving. Since i drive the speed limit, there's not much brake application that is needed around town. As with such LIGHT brake application, keeping that consistent while reaching over and blipping the throttle which is 3" over and 2" more towards the floor, is a touch difficult.

Now, maxing out the brake pedal on the track while going 110mph into a turn, where the brake pedal does not have much more to give, reaching over and blipping the gas pedal that is now in-line, depth wise, with the brake pedal, is going to be easier (in theory) than daily driving where you're putting a feather's weight worth of pressure on the brake pedal.
I'm 100% with you. 100% practice on the track at threshold braking force. Have you ever felt the ABS kick at the end of the straights?

What shoes are you wearing for track days? I've got big feet(14), and legit driving shoes made a huge difference with not getting snagged on pedals and thin soles for optimal pedal feel. Normal street driving I'm wearing Vans, which are pretty thin and soft, offering good pedal feel, If I wear something even a few notches stiffer like my 510 mountain bike sneakers, I have a much tougher time feeling the brake pedal and modulation, even during spirited street driving.

Somthing dumb but also worth thinking about is how well your seatbelt is holding you in place against the seat during max decel. If your butt is scooting forward even a little bit, and you got both feet "floating" to use the pedals, things are gonna be tough and weird because your legs are your only lower body bracing in that motion.
I've never used one, but something like a CG lock for a 3pt belt is made to keep everything snug.

When I went to a dedicated 6 point harness, it was a huge difference over the race seat and stock 3pt belt. I no longer had to try and keep my ass in the seat and could do whatever needed with hands and feet.
WhiteZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links