Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 7, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-31-2021, 02:09 PM   #76
greenscoobydoo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523383

Back in 2001 my 1985 Mazda GLC was worn out, I loved that car (I could fit a full sheet of 4x8 plywood inside) and didn't know much about Subbies. Came down to the Ford Focus or this thing called a WRX that was just coming out.

I ended up buying a 5 speed TS hatchback, 20 years and 264,0000 miles later.....

Last edited by greenscoobydoo; 03-31-2021 at 02:15 PM.
greenscoobydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2021, 12:01 AM   #77
LoyaleWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 526886
Default 1994 Loyale Wagon

I bought a 1 owner 1994 Loyale from a fella in Riverside about 5 years ago and have loved it ever since then. I had to park it at my grandmothers house for 3 years as I traveled for work enough to not be able to drive it regularly. I recently pulled it out of the weeds that had been growing around it, poured fresh gas in it and a hot battery. she started up with minimal issues! I work at a place that allows me to work on it in relative peace when I can have a lift so I've been doing a lot of gremlin hunting in some of the wiring. I love this little car and plan on it being my daily for many years to come. However, I do plan on doing a full WRX swap to it in the near future.. Anyone have any experience with that?
LoyaleWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #78
ijn ducky
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 486207
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX
Silver

About 4 years ago, my 2002 Cavalier was just starting to rust out too much. I wanted an AWD car mostly for winter, so started looking for a domestic good looking car. My dad told me he wouldn't help me work on anything if it was an import.
My options would end up being a WRX (preferably blobeye, without the STI wing), or a new Focus RS from where I worked at the time.

I didn't feel like paying $30k for the Focus, mostly because I test drove the ST and a base model and didn't like the heat shield rattle they both had as well as the sloppy clutches and sad turbo. All my friends had Subaru's, so really it was the only option.
ijn ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:18 PM   #79
DuckClues
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 524136
Vehicle:
2019 STi
Blue

I started my Subaru journey this year.

It actually wasn't my first choice, but it has been a joy. I wanted an evo, but availability is scarce, and I test drove one and was not a fan. It seemed like a fun car, but was maybe a little too raw. I test drove an sti and knew it was the one!

I had dreamt of the day of having an evo or an sti since I was a little kid. I couldn't (thankfully) convince my parents to buy me one in me teens. Eventually I grew up, got a good job, and made the decision to buy one. The only person left to convince, was my wife.
DuckClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:41 PM   #80
DeZt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 130494

Was gifted my first subaru, a 2002 bugeye wagon from my Uncle. Sold that and purchased a 2011 STi sedan back in 2011.
DeZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #81
808rex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523358
Vehicle:
2020 WRX
Pure Red

After about 14 years of owning a Cayman, I was looking to replace it. I wanted a more "practical" car that could accommodate more than just the driver and 1 passenger, had 4 doors instead of just 2, had a little more cargo capacity, and was still somewhat fun to drive. I performed some research and compiled a list of potential replacements for the Cayman. The local Subaru dealer was the closest to my home and therefore was my first stop. Was able to get a "good" deal on a new leftover 2020 WRX (had 20 miles on the clock and I probably put on 5 of those miles on my test drive).
808rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:05 PM   #82
Drd338
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 527130

Iíve always been into Hondas my whole life. 20 years later I decided to go to a Subaru dealership. They were unloading one off the truck. Drove it home that night. Loving it so far.
Drd338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:52 PM   #83
Bluesubi16
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 527203
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
WRB

Back in 2004 bought an STi in WRB.... I was single had as you can imagine a great job. 20 million dollars later (If it wasn't it should have been back in the day) the 2 years I owned it, went from stock to an impractical 649 whp daily. Do I miss it? sure but reminding myself of the money spent... 5 different trunks,3 hoods,6 sets of wheels and lets not forget the carbon fiber which at the time was custom one off made... all the money under that hood.... Ugh

Now I just picked up a STi base in WRB, she's a 2016 with 44k and bone stock. I've learned my lesson so maybe lil cosmetics will do for now. Besides I don't have that good of a job anymore and having a house does prevent me... oh its paid for...Ugh
Bluesubi16 is offline   Reply With Quote