Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-06-2002, 12:27 AM   #1
BluSube001
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 3212
Exclamation A good Subaru dealer; myth or REALITY!?!

It is so! There does exist a good, no... excellent Subaru dealer that is as much, if not more, interested in taking care of your needs than just selling you a car!!!

The dealer that I talk of is LYNWOOD MOTORS in Lynwood IL.

I took my '01 RS in for the 30,000 mile check up and they did everything that was on the check list AND found a couple other items that also needed to be taken care of; all of this was covered under warranty. Two other local area dealers gave me the "ah, that's normal... they're supposed to be that way..." for the symptoms that I described. Lynwood fixed it the first time. Now, I won't have to make multiple repeat trips because it wasn't done right the first time.

I highly recommend everyone to go there for service. They are a smaller shop with a genuine focus on customer service and doing the job right.

Sorry for the ranting praise, but after being completely aggravated at the last two of the three dealers I've been to, this fourth dealer - Lynwood - got everything and more right.

I have finally found a Subaru dealer that is as good as, if not better, than the customer service of the other imports.

BluSube001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2002, 09:42 AM   #2
listen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 16837

what were some of the complaints you had? and what was done to fix them?

greg.
listen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
BluSube001
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3212
Default problem, solution

Problem 1 - Really bad clutch shudder until the engine warmed up (about 5 minutes).
Resolution - They replaced the flywheel and it works like new.

Problem 2 - Brake pedal felt horrible. (I have blead the brake lines before.
Resolution - Front brakes were 90% worn, they were replaced under warranty.

The car drives like new...
BluSube001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #4
racer_41
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 26614
Vehicle:
02 WRX, Borla
Red , 3/16th

Thumbs up Lynwood Motors

I have limited experience there but I would have to agree with you. Chatted with the Service Manager for an hour or so on a Saturday. Mentioned several problems that I have heard about from I-Club and he was aware of most of them. Also said that the flywheel replacement is the besy way to solve the clutch chatter problem and that if mine developed the problem, it would be taken care of. I live in the south side and heard of horror stories from the only other dealer close by. When I drove up to Lynwood Motors I thought, oh man, what I dump, but when I saw the attention they give to their customers I didnt care what the facility looked like but left knowing my car would be in good hands.
racer_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:41 PM   #5
WRX_Colin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15960
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Dirt/Sap

Yes there is! Byers Imports, Columbus OH!
WRX_Colin is offline   Reply With Quote