Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
SchoNuff
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326304
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2014 XV Crosstrek
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You still didn't explain how they are turning their backs on the faithful. Do you believe in order to please people that a wrx should have 300hp and an Sti should have 400hp? I'm failing to see your comparison between this model and a 2008 wrx. Try harder. They are making slightly more hp with a smaller and going that has a twin scroll turbo with a direct injected engine. They are claiming it's the best handling wrx to date, that's another check in he new column. They are claiming up to 30 mpg's I'm sure highway. The interior is nicer then wrx's in the past. Power seats finally in an impreza is a nice step as well. Oh yeah lets not forget the 6 speed. I fail to see how any of this can be compared to an 08' model.

So now you see I made my point and have specific examples. You should try doing the same to actually have a valid point. Plus you drive an 03' wrx. This car is worlds better then your old box.
Its all really very simple. For $40k look around and recognize what's available: Audi, Cadillac, BMW and Mercedes all offer AWD rockets at this price point new or barely used. Go drive an S4 or ATS4 then the new STI and tell me where your $40k is better spent. Its not even close.

Subaru needs to make the performance gap what it once was in 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2008 to justify the price.

Making compromises to what makes a Subaru a Subaru for 3HP, carrying over 20 year old engines over promising with concept design is turning their backs on loyal Subaru fans. So get a clue Chief... and insulting another member's WRX is pretty weak.
SchoNuff is offline   Reply With Quote