Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-01-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
MarkZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11232
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
2010 Outback 3.6

Default Racing schools and video games

Hi,
Does anyone know of a racing school near Toronto Canada, ( ie, Quebec, NY, Vermont ). Preferably, it should have AWD cars and not be a rally driving school, which I plan to attend after racing school ( I hear there's very good rally school in VT and it has WRXs, is VT like the US rally capital? ).

Speaking of school, prior to getting my WRX about 1 month ago, I didn't own a car for about 4yrs. Most of the driving I did was on GT1 & 2, and a few F1 games. I noticed that now I see faster lines and have a better feel for the physics than I did before!
So it seems you can learn a few things from video games.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2001, 04:02 PM   #2
Stanley
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7374
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2023 MAGA Hat Model3
grey, or is it gray?

While you can learn a few things from simulation games, never confuse them with reality!
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:14 PM   #3
Cyberdemon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11701
Vehicle:
2008 Acura TL-S
2001 Corvette

Yeah. If Gran Tourismo 3 was real I'd have a 1110 HP Dodge Viper that does 0-200 faster then my car does 0-60. But there are lots of Subarus in GT3 which makes it kick ass. I have about 8 in my garage, 4 WRX's (3 sedans and a wagon), 1 22B, the Older rally car, and the WRC Rally Prototype which rocks everything.
Cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:22 PM   #4
redobs
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 1501
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX wagon
Dark grey

Don't know much about "racing schools", but there are a lot of clubs that offer driving schools!! As far as rally racing goes, I think you're thinking of Vermont Sports Car. They pretty much build the Prodrive cars here in the states. But, they are not a school. There's Team O'neil's which is located in NH, which is close to VT and Canada. They offer rally racing schoold there.

It's funny you mention video games. Even though it's not realistic with the cars having XX hp, etc...it is very realistic as far as driving lines and stuff like that. I attended my first track day this summer, just happened to be at Mont Tremblant in Canada, and the first thing, my instructor asked me was if I played video games. The concept of driving between Gran Tourismo and real life driving are very similar. Of course, I'm not talking about bouncing off the walls at 100 mph!!
redobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:42 PM   #5
MarkZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11232
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
2010 Outback 3.6

Cool about GT3!!, I'm getting a PS2 this Xmas, ( and GT3 as well, obviously ). BTW, good one about the reality vs. fanatsy

Is Team O'neil the one that was mention in Sports Car International ( the issue w/ the article about the US Subaru team )? That's something I'm definately planning to do next year ( or two ). The drive down alone, I'm sure, will be amazing!
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote