Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 495630
Default AutoCraft Batteries....I have 2 that lasted 10 years so far.

So i have been monitoring the battery in the STI since I have had it since 2011 LOL. Its an autocraft gold 850 CA , I had another one in a muscle car that I bought in 2007 that finally stopped holding a charge last summer, so that one lasted 12 years.

So being that I havent had to buy a battery in a decade LOL, I had been pricing a new autocraft battery at the local Advanced Auto, but just this month suddenly when I went to price one, they all came up as DIE HARDS? Looks like they arent selling Autocraft anymore?

I am a stickler for battery maintanence, I just keep them spotlessly clean and remove corrosion from the contacts whenever I see it starting....and occasionally trickle charge them If I see them go down after sitting for awhile. I think I have a bad cell in the battery from 2011 in the STI right now as it will sink to 11.8 if it sits for a day, but will charge right up to 12.6 (13.4-`13.8 while driving it), and stay above 12 after the car is shut down. So still holds a charge but its not quite 100% cell strength anymore,hence why I am going to replace it.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie

are these new generation Die Hards any good? They are cheaper than the Autocrafts so my thinking is the internals arent as beefy?
Old 07-19-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie

tested the battery with a multimeter and its in better shape than the accessport even showed...it was at 12.6 volts after sitting overnight tested at the terminals for volts, then tested with the car running and it was at 14.3, for a NINE YEAR OLD BATTERY!