Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday June 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #251
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

Love it. Any word from Mr Infante?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #252
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2018 F-150 Lariat
17 Focus RS

Default

Soooooo.....no STI hatch?
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #253
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
15 Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledrummerboy View Post
Yeah, that's why I had hatch in quotes. I don't think there will be a proper hatch. Just the levorg.
It's clear now there's a plan to at least keep doing what they're already doing.

Viziv Performance Concept = WRX
Viziv Performance STI Concept = WRX STI
Viziv Performance Tourer Concept = WRX Wagon Levorg

These three hit the market basically simultaneously in 2014, so maybe they'll pull that off again.

I actually still believe that a WRX hatch is in the cards. Here we see that they're probably working toward these three variants though, so the hatch would be a fourth (and 5th if offered in both WRX and STI trims.) It would be a stretch. Something would probably have to come a year later. Maybe the new offices will facilitate an expanded SOA team that can take on everything Japan can throw at them?

I'd want the wagon over a hatch, personally, but a manual transmission is critical for me and I feel a dark despair that the wagon will never be paired with one. I probably wouldn't change up for a hatch.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #254
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2018 F-150 Lariat
17 Focus RS

Default

I'm down for a wagon, in fact an Allroad is on my radar. There's one thing a wagon will have to have for me to buy it though: real gears. Auto is fine, no chains though.
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #255
Pelco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 435599
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza Sport
White

Default

Ooh a Levorg wagon! Please don't make it outback big. I would be just fine with the the high torque CVT. I've gotten quite used to the Impreza Sport.

The question is what will the powerplant be in this new wagon?
Pelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #256
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
15 Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelco View Post
Ooh a Levorg wagon! Please don't make it outback big. I would be just fine with the the high torque CVT. I've gotten quite used to the Impreza Sport.

The question is what will the powerplant be in this new wagon?
Most likely that same that were in Levorg. FA16DIT, FA20DIT.

Edit, apparently the 1.6 liter is an FB. FB16DIT, so says wiki.

Last edited by fredzy; 03-06-2018 at 11:24 AM.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #257
Goempie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 166202
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepclam View Post
Love it. Any word from Mr Infante?
No words from him. Only a picture on instagram of him having a sort of "kwak" beer in a bar near Geneva. 🍺🍺🍺

But in the future I see SOA bringing more models if the production capacity goes up. This would be a welcome car.
Saw somewhere they are making a 1.8 DIT. This would be great. Exact perfect size.
Goempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:43 AM   #258
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
It's clear now there's a plan to at least keep doing what they're already doing.

Viziv Performance Concept = WRX
Viziv Performance STI Concept = WRX STI
Viziv Performance Tourer Concept = WRX Wagon Levorg
Nail on the head.

I was hoping that this concept was going to be a little shorter, suggesting it might make it to US shores, but in this guise, I think it's unlikely. We'll see that the WRX/STI will be sedan only again. Levorg will be the variant with a "hatch", and it will be up to SOA to decide to bring it here. I highly doubt subaru would develop a more typical hatchback wrx/sti on top of the levorg, and I'm skeptical that SOA would bring this to US shores.

wrx/sti hatchback enthusiasts, it's time to move on.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #259
torquemada
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 128484
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Germany
Vehicle:
2006 EDM WRX STI
WRB

Default

















torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #260
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2018 Leg / Ridgeline
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

I hate you Subaru. I hate you so much right now because I now we will NOT get that beautiful form factor
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #261
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Prem Hatch
Dark Gray Metalic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
I hate you Subaru. I hate you so much right now because I now we will NOT get that beautiful form factor
As is, Im guessing that rear window can only open 1"
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #262
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
0105 v.VI Impreza RS
BP Legacy GT

Default

Nearly every WRX I see has an aftermarket roof rack installed. For what I have no clue. They bought a WRX and not a Forester XT. Clearly they are confused about which car is for performance and which car is for utility.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #263
bemani
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5673
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Folsom, CA
Vehicle:
16 Hellcat
05 LGT, 02 bug eye

Default

Damn even concepts have black trims around the wheel arches now. What is that the next Outback?
bemani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #264
Pelco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 435599
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza Sport
White

Default

I am more leaning towards this tourer model for the US will be the outback. Like a couple of people mentioned, as the cNet article. Outback, crossover, competitors are Buick, Audi, and VW wagons.

It's the American SUV/crossover stretched and lowered, a bit. But still maintaining the ride height for outdoor type a adventures.

The Levorg it is not. That, if it exists, would be closer to what the VW sportwagon would look like in size. This concept is clearly a larger and heavier vehicle.

My bets are an outback on the global platform.

Sorry guys who were waiting for the WRX hatch... We will all have to wait 5 more years until hatches are in Vogue again, if ever in the US (consumer dollars)
Pelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #265
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
15 Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemani View Post
Damn even concepts have black trims around the wheel arches now. What is that the next Outback?
I had a think about these, as their commonality on all three of the recent Viziv concepts makes it seem to me that they'll make it to production in some form.

I believe in the case of the WRX and STI it would be more of a fender flare accent type thing than Outback cladding. But for a Levorg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelco View Post
The Levorg it is not. That, if it exists, would be closer to what the VW sportwagon would look like in size. This concept is clearly a larger and heavier vehicle.
It may not be a Levorg or WRX, but it 100% definitely is not an Outback.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #266
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

cnet wanted to get out an article as quickly as possible, and wanted to make it USA centric. The only wagon that the writer could think of in Subaru's lineup is the outback. The writer is an idiot.

this is not an outback for a few very obvious, glaring reasons.

it doesn't have the outback ground clearance. (when has subaru ever shown a concept of an outback with no ground clearance?)
carbon fiber front spoiler, side sills, and rear lip? Not on an outback.
Low profile tires? On an outback? Seriously?

The outback has always been marketed as a go out to a national/state park, maybe drive down some dirt tracks. There is nothing about this concept that says "go drive down some dusty dirt tracks".

This is not the outback.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #267
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Enough with the crazy talk.

This is not an outback. This is the next levorg. Whether it gets packaged as a wrx wagon and sold in the US market remains to be seen.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #268
kimguroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50529
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roswell, GA
Vehicle:
2008 forester xt
red

Default

I think it’s levorg in SGP. Hood scoop does not really go with current outback line.
We won’t see WRX hatch for another 5-7 years.
Levorg is not bad but it’s too long for me. Not sue Levorg will be released in US and Europe.
kimguroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #269
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
15 Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
Enough with the crazy talk.

This is not an outback. This is the next levorg. Whether it gets packaged as a wrx wagon and sold in the US market remains to be seen.
The more I think about it, the fender flare, uh, things, are a good sign. If only they were exactly as aggressive as the Viziv Peeformance Concept flares, then I’d be much more comfortable speculating that this will be packaged as a WRX wagon. Why the heck wouldn’t they give it to us then!?!? Sadism.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #270
Pelco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 435599
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza Sport
White

Default

STI outback? All signs point to yes.
Pelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #271
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2018 F-150 Lariat
17 Focus RS

Default

Not at all. There are zero signs pointing to an STI Outback.
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #272
IWantASuby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 190420
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: VT
Vehicle:
'13 BRZ Limited
'04 Impreza Outback Sport

Default

Those spy photos can not come fast enough.
IWantASuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #273
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k | 14 BRZ (SSC)

Default

Sign me up if it can get here before I buy the Regal TourX.

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #274
laufu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 29826
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
13 Legacy 3.6R
Deep Indigo Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
Not at all. There are zero signs pointing to an STI Outback.
Well...
This was from a January post. Google Translate does a far job translating.

https://ganbaremmc.exblog.jp/26649620/
laufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #275
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06/04 For 18 Imp 4dr Sprt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
Nail on the head.

I was hoping that this concept was going to be a little shorter, suggesting it might make it to US shores, but in this guise, I think it's unlikely. We'll see that the WRX/STI will be sedan only again. Levorg will be the variant with a "hatch", and it will be up to SOA to decide to bring it here. I highly doubt subaru would develop a more typical hatchback wrx/sti on top of the levorg, and I'm skeptical that SOA would bring this to US shores.

wrx/sti hatchback enthusiasts, it's time to move on.
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
I had a think about these, as their commonality on all three of the recent Viziv concepts makes it seem to me that they'll make it to production in some form.

I believe in the case of the WRX and STI it would be more of a fender flare accent type thing than Outback cladding. But for a Levorg?



It may not be a Levorg or WRX, but it 100% definitely is not an Outback.
Akin to Exiga.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
cnet wanted to get out an article as quickly as possible, and wanted to make it USA centric. The only wagon that the writer could think of in Subaru's lineup is the outback. The writer is an idiot.

this is not an outback for a few very obvious, glaring reasons.

it doesn't have the outback ground clearance. (when has subaru ever shown a concept of an outback with no ground clearance?)
carbon fiber front spoiler, side sills, and rear lip? Not on an outback.
Low profile tires? On an outback? Seriously?

The outback has always been marketed as a go out to a national/state park, maybe drive down some dirt tracks. There is nothing about this concept that says "go drive down some dusty dirt tracks".

This is not the outback.

Legacy GT
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.