Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 18, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #18276
bidaci
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291519
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Suburban Boston
Vehicle:
2011 OBS
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuri1990 View Post
Were you in the white bugeye? I have the whiteline 22mm bar with moog endlinks. I'm still playing with the stiffness in the back, it's on the 2nd out of 3 stiffness settings. I know guys will disconnect their rear sway to get more turn in but in a hatch it's just so wobbly without the bar! It's crazy how different cars respond to dynamics completely differently.
I have the Black Impreza in GS. I was talking to you in grid. I had a 22 on the back and I found it to be either overtsteering or understeering with no balance. But with the springs you have and the struts you don't, it's too early to tweak to much.

If you want to try a softer bar I have a 16 and I think an 18 if you want to try them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bidaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #18277
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5D
Satin White Pearl

Default

JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #18278
amuri1990
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346009
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: boston
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
What's your rsb situation Jourdan? I think you said what you were running a while ago, can't remember haha

Last edited by amuri1990; 09-11-2017 at 03:36 PM.
amuri1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #18279
amuri1990
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346009
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: boston
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidaci View Post
I have the Black Impreza in GS. I was talking to you in grid. I had a 22 on the back and I found it to be either overtsteering or understeering with no balance. But with the springs you have and the struts you don't, it's too early to tweak to much.

If you want to try a softer bar I have a 16 and I think an 18 if you want to try them.
Oh right! That's pretty much what I'm getting right now, it's either this or that to the extreme. Although with those re71rs I definitely felt better with a stiffer bar so I think I need either adjustable struts or heavier springs before swapping bars in and out. Stupid tires and their money costing nature...
amuri1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #18280
bidaci
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291519
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Suburban Boston
Vehicle:
2011 OBS
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuri1990 View Post
Oh right! That's pretty much what I'm getting right now, it's either this or that to the extreme. Although with those re71rs I definitely felt better with a stiffer bar so I think I need either adjustable struts or heavier springs before swapping bars in and out. Stupid tires and their money costing nature...
I had Konis all around. They are great to be able to adjust turn in and constant state sweepers. I said had, as I developed a clunk in one of the inserts up front. So I put in the ExcelG like you have. Way to soft for autox, the Konis are so much better controlling the balance in the elements. That should be your first upgrade if you are going to pursue autox (IMHO). Of course this only works if you have good tires!
bidaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #18281
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5D
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuri1990 View Post
What's your rsb situation Jourdan? I think you said what you were running a whole ago, can't remember haha
22mm front sway set soft.

24mm rear sway set stiff.

400# springs in the front, .75 turn from soft.

450# springs in the rear, 2 turns from soft.

(Konis have 2.5 turns from full soft to full stiff.)

-2.5* camber in the front.

-1.6*/-1.8* (natural) camber in the rear.

Even tire pressure front/rear.

I liked the tight ass.

I recon I also had a little bit less weight in the back swapping the spare tire for an amp and sub.


But everyone is different. What works for one person, may or may not work for others. I had one person drive my car and complain that the rear was too loose. I really like the way the car handled.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #18282
bidaci
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291519
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Suburban Boston
Vehicle:
2011 OBS
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
22mm front sway set soft.

24mm rear sway set stiff.

400# springs in the front, .75 turn from soft.

450# springs in the rear, 2 turns from soft.

(Konis have 2.5 turns from full soft to full stiff.)

-2.5* camber in the front.

-1.6*/-1.8* (natural) camber in the rear.

Even tire pressure front/rear.

I liked the tight ass.

I recon I also had a little bit less weight in the back swapping the spare tire for an amp and sub.


But everyone is different. What works for one person, may or may not work for others. I had one person drive my car and complain that the rear was too loose. I really like the way the car handled.
Wow, that sounds a bit tail happy. Is this your DSP setup? Did you try that on street tires?
bidaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #18283
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5D
Satin White Pearl

Default

AutoX, Track, Street, always ran street tires. 255/40/17 Dunlop ZII was my preference. I had a set of ZIISS and didn't like them initially. They required less camber or less pressure.



I did run GS for a year with WRX springs, Konis, and a 22mm rear sway. Pretty sure I set the sway stiff. Sometimes I think back about what it might have been like if I did 2.5i springs in the front with WRX springs in the rear. Tire choice was also 205/55/16 Dunlop ZII.

JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #18284
subby00
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35191
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chico, CA
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza sport
green

Default

Hey groupies I just got some new wheels and tires
F1R f27s in 18x8.5 +40. I would have rather had +35 but I still like em.

subby00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #18285
McGowannn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473736
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Upstate New York
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru Impreza
Dark Gray

Default Desperate to Find UEL Headers...

I've been looking all over for UEL headers for my 2008 Impreza 2.5i Hatch and by what I've seen the only option I have is to spend $800+ for custom headers, and I'm not spending that much so I'm pretty bummed. I was wondering if anyone had some knowledge on if there are any headers that I could buy that aren't so expensive, and are just bolt on, or if there are any UEL headers that will only need little modification. I am desperate for the Subie Rumble...

Heres my car BTW

Last edited by McGowannn; 09-20-2017 at 01:18 AM.
McGowannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #18286
snowman0812
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374919
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
silver

Default the 2.5i thread


Just a few good pictures of how the car sits now
snowman0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #18287
amuri1990
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346009
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: boston
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowannn View Post
I've been looking all over for UEL headers for my 2008 Impreza 2.5i Hatch and by what I've seen the only option I have is to spend $800+ for custom headers, and I'm not spending that much so I'm pretty bummed. I was wondering if anyone had some knowledge on if there are any headers that I could buy that aren't so expensive, and are just bolt on, or if there are any UEL headers that will only need little modification. I am desperate for the Subie Rumble...

Heres my car BTW
$800+ is one if two options you have. The other option is a set of UEL headers from SEMotors for 1997-2005 Impreza. Runs about $350 for decatted and $450 for cats. They will require about 12-15" custom piping as the previous gen impreza headers dump on the driver side as opposed to ours on the passenger side. Do-able, but you will not be guaranteed to not throw at CEL and god have mercy on anyone doing exhaust work in MA. I'm buying a stock exhaust to replace mine to pass inspection because ANY aftermarket exhaust mods will no longer pass.

Edit: also understand that any uel headers you get will not have heat shields attached...so you either have to fashionyour own some how or not drive your car in any weather at all

Last edited by amuri1990; 10-15-2017 at 08:04 PM.
amuri1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #18288
terrainasaurus
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 464727
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sacramento
Vehicle:
2008 OB(Wan)S
OBP/DGM 2-toner

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuri1990 View Post
$800+ is one if two options you have. The other option is a set of UEL headers from SEMotors for 1997-2005 Impreza. Runs about $350 for decatted and $450 for cats. They will require about 12-15" custom piping as the previous gen impreza headers dump on the driver side as opposed to ours on the passenger side. Do-able, but you will not be guaranteed to not throw at CEL and god have mercy on anyone doing exhaust work in MA. I'm buying a stock exhaust to replace mine to pass inspection because ANY aftermarket exhaust mods will no longer pass.

Edit: also understand that any uel headers you get will not have heat shields attached...so you either have to fashionyour own some how or not drive your car in any weather at all
Isn't there some kind of coating you can add for weather resistance?

Last edited by terrainasaurus; 10-17-2017 at 05:12 PM.
terrainasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:04 AM   #18289
HansDC7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 443373
Join Date: Mar 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Modesto, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT STGII
Satin White Pearl

Default



Sold Luna a little over a week ago. Some last sunset pics after my last wash with her.
HansDC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:44 AM   #18290
XSV Klutch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 259013
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado!
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Greyish- Boosted

Default

Someone Please buy my supercharger kit!! lol selling for $1500 and I feel that is a good price

[IMG]20150504_121551[1] by Ryan Kemp, on Flickr[/IMG]
XSV Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #18291
ssssssantimonio
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 411867
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
WRB

Default

Anyone here has done an engine.swap on these guys?

Does it matter if.the donor is an auto?

Thanks!
ssssssantimonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #18292
frotasticben
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410164
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Rockford, IL
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Black

Default

Anyone else have issues with the plastic dust cover for auto trans getting stuck?
frotasticben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #18293
eustacer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 416465
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Vermont
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default

This thread needs a bump so heres a pic of my sti grill (i ripped the badge off) i installed a couple months ago
eustacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #18294
Shipman
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 312847
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
2008 Legacy/2003 Forester

Default

Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:09 AM   #18295
terrainasaurus
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 464727
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sacramento
Vehicle:
2008 OB(Wan)S
OBP/DGM 2-toner

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eustacer View Post
This thread needs a bump so heres a pic of my sti grill (i ripped the badge off) i installed a couple months ago
Lookin' good! You and I both could use a premium front bumper with the lip ;D
terrainasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #18296
eustacer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 416465
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Vermont
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default

I could use a new bumper all together. its cracked in a couple places and all the plastic brackets are broken
eustacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #18297
huwey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 441433
Join Date: Feb 2016
Default



huwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #18298
denizen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478733
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i Premium
Dark Grey Metallic

Default clark kent


Last edited by denizen; 12-06-2017 at 06:53 PM. Reason: third times the charm
denizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #18299
eustacer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 416465
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Vermont
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default



Taken just before my 3hr drive home from school
eustacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #18300
Vertignasse
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329445
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ottawa
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i Hatch
WRB

Default



Winter setup, which consists of steelies, Bridgestone Blizzaks and an old bumper. (It's cracked under the right fog light.) I cracked this bumper last winter and replaced it, but I decided to reinstall it now so that I don't need to be too careful while enjoying winter driving.
Vertignasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the widest tire that can be put on the 2.5i? SubieSubie Impreza Forum 21 07-25-2017 09:51 AM
Will the STi Front and Rear Bumper will fit on the 2.5i? GD6Noob Interior & Exterior Modification 7 04-30-2012 09:33 PM
Wheels that fit the 2.5i and the best offset. VIsubi Tire & Wheel 2 06-23-2010 10:19 PM
Test Drove the 2.5i Legacy at SoD maclif Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 06-02-2004 09:42 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.