Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 13, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
Mr.Impreza.
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 480424
Default Fujitsubo Authorize R or S on WRX STI!

Hey everyone. I'm very familiar with Fujitsubo and had there Legalis R on my 2002 WRX which was super quiet.

Than I had a Authorize R on my 2015 Scion FRS which was also pretty quiet.

However, based on some videos I've found online from Japanese owners, the Authorize R on the WRX STI of this generation (2015+) seems to sound very loud. Not sure if it's just the videos or they have other modifications on the cars.

Just wondering if anybody has the Authorize R on a WRX STI and how much louder it is than stock.

Also, something I can't find any videos on, the Authorize S (which is just the muffler instead of catback) on a EJ motor. I have found a video of it on a FA20 motor, but I would like to know if anybody is running just the muffler on a STI and if you have any clips.

Hopefully someone around here does have the R or S which can help me greatly!
Mr.Impreza. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2020, 11:06 PM   #2
Mr.Impreza.
Scooby Newbie

Just a update, a member from another forum sent me a video of his Fujitsubo Authorize RM....and I'm sold. He says it's quiet inside and good for daily. It sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'll leave this here for anybody else shopping around for a Fujitsubo exhaust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
Old 04-21-2020, 12:20 AM   #3
ilikemyrex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 389940
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
DGM

I just picked up an Authorize RM for my new 2020 STI. It's just a tad louder than stock, you can hear the rumble better but its not loud by any means. No drone while cruising, and it only makes itself known when you get on it. Its kinda funny because it looks pretty aggressive yet sounds so mellow. Plus you save a bunch of weight from stock. I love it.

Note that it is about 2.75" in diameter, but it necks down to 2.5 at the downpipe connection and uses the stock donut gasket.
ilikemyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #4
Mr.Impreza.
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemyrex View Post
I just picked up an Authorize RM for my new 2020 STI. It's just a tad louder than stock, you can hear the rumble better but its not loud by any means. No drone while cruising, and it only makes itself known when you get on it. Its kinda funny because it looks pretty aggressive yet sounds so mellow. Plus you save a bunch of weight from stock. I love it.

Note that it is about 2.75" in diameter, but it necks down to 2.5 at the downpipe connection and uses the stock donut gasket.
That is just superb to hear! Really sold on the Authorize RM now. Can't wait to get it since the stock exhaust really bothers me with all that surface rust haha.

Thank you very much for your input! It helps a lot!
Old 04-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #5
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

If anybody wants to trade their Authorize RM for my Tomei expreme Ti let me know lol
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #6
Wasubie85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477087
Vehicle:
2018 Wrx
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemyrex View Post

Ilikemyrex, just saw your post about your authorize RM. are you still happy with it? Was thinking about pulling the trigger on one this week for my 18 wrx. Want something quite on the highway but I want to know itís there when Iím driving more aggressive. And the single exit look has grown on me . Think this would fit the bill?

Thanks!
Wasubie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #7
ilikemyrex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 389940
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
DGM

I still love my authorize rm. Highly recommended if you want a mature sounding exhaust.
ilikemyrex is offline   Reply With Quote