Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday February 19, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #3676
Zabnorg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 511126
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Outback
silver and gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kito818 View Post
Go for it! Keep us up to date, if you want to save some money and do your own wiring I can share the pinout for the two connectors on the back of the engine, though I encourage you to check it against your motor, since you wont have the AVLS(or is it the AVCS?) and that may change the pin outs in the plugs. Good luck, and I look forward to some nice pictures!
https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...utback.517305/

see above link for gory details.

No AVC/LS on this lump, all mechanical with the alu intake.

I'd love to see pinouts for lolz but I'm going to leave this harness in better hands than mine for the electrical. I need my brainpower for other stuff. Also, iWire has a warranty on their work, so no headaches...
Zabnorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2020, 12:57 AM   #3677
Kito818
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 480045
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2009 3.0R Impreza
Dark grey/light black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnorg View Post
https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...utback.517305/

see above link for gory details.

No AVC/LS on this lump, all mechanical with the alu intake.

I'd love to see pinouts for lolz but I'm going to leave this harness in better hands than mine for the electrical. I need my brainpower for other stuff. Also, iWire has a warranty on their work, so no headaches...
I just realized you're trying to swap the ECUs instead of going stand alone. Thats why you were talking about the auto AC feature. That confused me, for far longer than it should have lol. If thats the case my wiring list isn't going to do you any good anyway, as I would only have something short of half of what you need. Some questions though, is the bug eye drive-by-wire, or a cable driven throttle body?
Kito818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #3678
Zabnorg
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Outback
silver and gold

I need the car to pass emissions as this is my daily driver. It's the older EZ30D with cable throttle and cruise control, which matches the cable setup on the bugeye, although the routing and positioning of the cruise control actuator are different. I'd like the setup to be same as stock in terms of creature comforts, so I'd like to have working and AC and cruise when I'm done. I've pulled the whole clutch off of the donor car's AC compressor to see if they will swap but I haven't checked the fit yet. When I grab the motor from the junkyard I will have another compressor to play with.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #3679
Zabnorg
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Outback
silver and gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post

However, that doesn't address the issue addressed in the 2nd post I've linked above. Because of the shape of the EZ30's intake manifold, the A/C line has to come forward to clear; your stock Forester line probably doesn't do that. So even if you're able to fit your original compressor, you're most likely going to have to do something custom to fit the lines.

Note that my car has still never been completed, so I have no idea if the A/C works, but I don't see any reason why it won't when that time comes.
Dood, when u gonna get that thing on the road? From what I've read, it's spent the better part of the last decade sitting in yer garage!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #3680
Kito818
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 3.0R Impreza
Dark grey/light black?

It's time for the 6spd! Finally got the STI differential front companion flange to install on the differential so that the stock STI driveshaft can be used without having to use a hybrid U-joint. So it's FINALLY time for this 6spd to be installed, after a year of driving on the engine swap.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:48 AM   #3681
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnorg View Post
Dood, when u gonna get that thing on the road? From what I've read, it's spent the better part of the last decade sitting in yer garage!
Some day. Hopefully in the coming months, but I've said that many times over the past few years.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #3682
Kito818
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 3.0R Impreza
Dark grey/light black?

6spd is in and working, bleeding the clutch system was backwards, but I'm now running a complete 05 JDM Legacy spec.b drivetrain, minus the driveshaft from a 14 STI.