Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 17, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #11
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 401075
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
2015 WRX 6MT

Originally Posted by Boggie1688 View Post
Is there anyone here running an Cobb AP tune? Because my understanding is that these tunes can hold boost numbers on point.

So if there is someone running the tune, without upgraded clamps....doesn't that mean that upgrade the clamps may not be a solution to boost creep? And instead boost creep is a product of a bad tune?

I'm not 100% sure that this is a clamp issue. Just figure I'd throw this out there.
A few people in the AP thread for 2015's have stated that they aren't hitting their boost targets. They were advised by various other members to adjust clamps or run the HWG maps. Whether or not the clamps are an issue is debatable since there aren't actual numbers/results to prove one way or the other. Could loose clamps cause a vacuum leak which would lead to lower boosts? Yes. Is it more likely that the environment doesn't require full boost to hit target torques? Probably. Yet that doesn't seem to be what this fix is proposed for as it's more focused towards boost creep.

A smoke test before/after might be worth it however it probably isn't a one size fits all problem. It might just be as simple as certain models not having their clamps tightened properly. Several people have stated that theirs were loose. Regardless I think it would be the wisest decision for everyone who owns a '15 to at the very minimum check all your clamps. If they are loose, tighten them. If you are worried that stock clamps aren't strong enough or want to prevent it from chewing up the hose, replace them. I would imagine the results are negligible and any difference from stock clamps are just a result of loose clamps in the first place.