Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday January 27, 2023
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2022, 04:08 PM   #1101
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yeah, well, you know
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Default

TIL how vichysoisse is spelled.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #1102
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Bruh still spelled it incorrectly though...
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:42 PM   #1103
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yeah, well, you know
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Bruh still spelled it incorrectly though...

like he said..



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre
What world you living in? Dude this is it. The Last Dance. This is the last round of 100% pure ICE 6MT, and that's it. Subaru even saying no more STI until they can produce a hybrid/EV STI. It's been said that the GRY costs them money to produce, IE no profit. The 86 is a Subaru venture, the Supra a BMW venture. This is the lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ornare quam viverra orci sagittis eu volutpat. Donec enim diam vulputate ut pharetra sit amet aliquam id. Mauris vitae ultricies leo integer malesuada. Morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices mi tempus. Enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et leo duis ut. Lectus quam id leo in. Aliquet sagittis id consectetur purus ut faucibus. Blandit volutpat maecenas volutpat blandit aliquam etiam erat velit scelerisque. Ac turpis egestas integer eget aliquet nibh praesent. Consequat nisl vel pretium lectus quam id leo in vitae. Nibh sed pulvinar proin gravida. Sed vulputate odio ut enim blandit volutpat maecenas. Pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit. Et leo duis ut diam quam nulla porttitor massa id. Eu feugiat pretium nibh ipsum consequat. Gravida arcu ac tortor dignissim convallis aenean. Aenean pharetra magna ac placerat. Netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas sed tempus urna. Curabitur gravida arcu ac tortor dignissim convallis aenean et tortor.


Commodo nulla facilisi nullam vehicula ipsum a arcu. Aliquet bibendum enim facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras. Mauris rhoncus aenean vel elit scelerisque mauris pellentesque pulvinar. Mattis ullamcorper velit sed ullamcorper morbi tincidunt ornare massa eget. In pellentesque massa placerat duis ultricies lacus. Ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. Et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas sed tempus. Phasellus egestas tellus rutrum tellus pellentesque. Imperdiet nulla malesuada pellentesque elit. Dignissim convallis aenean et tortor at risus viverra.


Cursus risus at ultrices mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada pellentesque. Hac habitasse platea dictumst vestibulum rhoncus est pellentesque elit. Nibh sed pulvinar proin gravida. Mattis ullamcorper velit sed ullamcorper morbi tincidunt ornare massa. Morbi enim nunc faucibus a pellentesque sit amet. In egestas erat imperdiet sed euismod. Cursus in hac habitasse platea dictumst. Elementum pulvinar etiam non quam lacus. Nullam eget felis eget nunc lobortis mattis aliquam faucibus. Ullamcorper morbi tincidunt ornare massa. Integer feugiat scelerisque varius morbi enim nunc faucibus. Sagittis nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus urna neque viverra. Nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus. Risus nullam eget felis eget nunc lobortis mattis aliquam. Consectetur adipiscing elit pellentesque habitant morbi tristique. Magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis elementum nibh tellus. Diam ut venenatis tellus in metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis.


Non quam lacus suspendisse faucibus interdum. Eu consequat ac felis donec et odio pellentesque. Adipiscing bibendum est ultricies integer quis auctor elit sed vulputate. A diam maecenas sed enim ut sem viverra. Laoreet non curabitur gravida arcu. Ut venenatis tellus in metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis. Leo integer malesuada nunc vel. In hendrerit gravida rutrum quisque non tellus orci ac auctor. Felis imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel. Imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel orci. Placerat vestibulum lectus mauris ultrices. Felis eget nunc lobortis mattis aliquam faucibus purus. Mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada pellentesque elit eget. Libero id faucibus nisl tincidunt eget nullam non. Varius morbi enim nunc faucibus a pellentesque sit amet porttitor. Venenatis urna cursus eget nunc scelerisque viverra mauris. At imperdiet dui accumsan sit amet nulla. Nisi scelerisque eu ultrices vitae auctor eu augue ut lectus. The complaining. "I want the 50k crap on the cheap deal for 37k." Warranty ninny, just keep it stock then.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:13 PM   #1104
Sid03SVT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183032
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
RWD Camry
Pull me over red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
I would certainly buy a BRZ over a GR86 right now. People are having a MUCH easier time with Subaru dealers than Toyota dealers with these cars, both the purchasing experience and maintenance.
Honestly if I were in the market for that kind of car, I'd go BRZ>86 too, for the same reason. I like the blue on the 86, but that's only a wrap away, the BRZ has revised rear suspension & aluminum knuckles vs. cast iirc, so it's the "better car out of the box" and if it had to go in for major service/repair I'd prefer the techs that know Subarus to work on it(eg. RTV issue, potentially requiring opening the engine). I feel like most Toyota dealers do oil changes, brake jobs, air filters etc. Hardly any internal work, I'm fairly comfortable saying Subaru dealers handle significantly more issues that require cracking the engine open.

To the GRC, it's an enthusiast car, certain enthusiasts are going to be enthused by it, other will not be enthused by it; similarly with the WRX. Car purchases aren't just equations, there is emotion involved, otherwise we'd all be buying Priuses & leafs.
Sid03SVT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:51 PM   #1105
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default

4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:02 PM   #1106
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid03SVT View Post
Honestly if I were in the market for that kind of car, I'd go BRZ>86 too, for the same reason. I like the blue on the 86, but that's only a wrap away, the BRZ has revised rear suspension & aluminum knuckles vs. cast iirc, so it's the "better car out of the box" and if it had to go in for major service/repair I'd prefer the techs that know Subarus to work on it(eg. RTV issue, potentially requiring opening the engine). I feel like most Toyota dealers do oil changes, brake jobs, air filters etc. Hardly any internal work, I'm fairly comfortable saying Subaru dealers handle significantly more issues that require cracking the engine open.

To the GRC, it's an enthusiast car, certain enthusiasts are going to be enthused by it, other will not be enthused by it; similarly with the WRX. Car purchases aren't just equations, there is emotion involved, otherwise we'd all be buying Priuses & leafs.
When I had my BRZ back in Alaska I'd take it to the Toyota dealership for simple maintenance because my job was legitimately 3/4 miles down the street from the dealership. Then if the BRZ needed more done for some reason, the Subaru dealership was about another mile up the street. It was a very convenient affair.

The suspension choices on the current BRZ vs GR86 are interesting.

Also don't bring emotion into the equation as real drivers don't recognize emotion. Emotion is just an obstacle that will get you killed if you ever dared to enjoy your daring drive.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:24 AM   #1107
fredzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX,
Sienna, GR86

Default

The GR86 suspension is supposedly tuned to be more playful. BRZ is tuned to be more neutral. Head to head (magazines etc.) the GR86 is usually a smidge faster but I'd expect the BRZ to be a little easier to turn consistent laps for most people.

The dealer question though.. that's valid. There are likely more horror stories out there about the 86 because there are ~3 times as many 86's vs BRZ. You can have nightmare dealers or awesome dealers for any brand but a Subaru tech is probably always going to whoop a Toyota guy when working on an FA. So.. try to stay out of the shop all together

I wasn't really considering the GRC any more but I'm keeping my spot in line just in case. Dealer texted me yesterday that #1 pulled out so I'm now first. This has become a very very hard decision for me. GRC at MSRP soon, CTR + $5k ADM in prob 6-12 months or be smart and ignore both. I told the Toyota dealer I bought my 86 from my conundrum and he was like BUY THE GRC!!! THEN SELL IT!!!!! Guaranteed instant karma death for me if I do that.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #1108
Ultimateone
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48025
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: By the Ocean, MA
Vehicle:
19 C43 AMG
White

Default

Keep the GRC, way more special car than the CTR
Ultimateone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #1109
Sid03SVT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183032
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
RWD Camry
Pull me over red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
The GR86 suspension is supposedly tuned to be more playful. BRZ is tuned to be more neutral. Head to head (magazines etc.) the GR86 is usually a smidge faster but I'd expect the BRZ to be a little easier to turn consistent laps for most people.

The dealer question though.. that's valid. There are likely more horror stories out there about the 86 because there are ~3 times as many 86's vs BRZ. You can have nightmare dealers or awesome dealers for any brand but a Subaru tech is probably always going to whoop a Toyota guy when working on an FA. So.. try to stay out of the shop all together

I wasn't really considering the GRC any more but I'm keeping my spot in line just in case. Dealer texted me yesterday that #1 pulled out so I'm now first. This has become a very very hard decision for me. GRC at MSRP soon, CTR + $5k ADM in prob 6-12 months or be smart and ignore both. I told the Toyota dealer I bought my 86 from my conundrum and he was like BUY THE GRC!!! THEN SELL IT!!!!! Guaranteed instant karma death for me if I do that.
Personally, I refuse to pay markup on vehicles, I also don't like FWD; but you aren't me, so preferences and willingness to pay markup vary; were you planning to get rid of the 86 when you got one of these other cars, or keep it?
Sid03SVT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:40 PM   #1110
fredzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX,
Sienna, GR86

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid03SVT View Post
Personally, I refuse to pay markup on vehicles, I also don't like FWD; but you aren't me, so preferences and willingness to pay markup vary; were you planning to get rid of the 86 when you got one of these other cars, or keep it?
It'll replace the WRX. I do snow tires so traction will never really be a concern for CTR. The WRX's AWD gets exercised very infrequently, put it that way. The only car that will see track will be the 86. I didn't think I was going to do that but I am F***KING DYING to wring this thing out. It is commanding me. No amount of curvy B-roads or Gran Turismo hot lapping is scratching the itch. Blown engine here I come!

The markup is a massive pill though, yeah. The 100% ubiquity of markups on CTR are about the only thing keeping me open to accepting ADM but that's a weak justification. If I do anything I should jump on the GRC now, see how things shake out. If I feel pangs for the Honda after some time then maybe by then MSRP will be a thing and I can put myself through the hell of obtaining a super limited new car again. I can at least count on the GRC holding its value, ha.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #1111
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
2019 Macan 4cyl
1993 Impreza FWD WRX swap

Default


Haven't watched this yet, should be interesting.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #1112
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
http://youtu.be/q-qHmVdbH38

Haven't watched this yet, should be interesting.
Ford cancelled the 4th gen Focus RS cause of European emissions standards that would have required it to be a hybrid.

As an owner of a 4th gen Focus, with a huge step up in quality and refinement, what a friggin' shame - the car in 350 hp AWD form would have been amazing.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:33 PM   #1113
Pre
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Not that it's a big deal or anything new, the build configurator for the GRC is now live on Toyota's website.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:33 PM   #1114
Pre
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Not that it’s a big deal or anything new, the build configurator for the GRC is now live on Toyota’s website.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:47 PM   #1115
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Thanks. I was wondering when that'd go live.

Always fun to mess around with 4 different color options and 1 choice of wheel design.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:09 AM   #1116
fredzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX,
Sienna, GR86

Default

As dumb as it seems, I'm sad to see the Core doesn't get the GR-Four stencil on the radiator/intercooler.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:14 PM   #1117
Pre
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
As dumb as it seems, I'm sad to see the Core doesn't get the GR-Four stencil on the radiator/intercooler.
For many of us, it’s going to get chunked for aftermarket anyways.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 03:23 PM   #1118
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Thanks. I was wondering when that'd go live.

Always fun to mess around with 4 different color options and 1 choice of wheel design.
kind of interesting to poke around, and send out for quotes from dealers

anyway, the Morizo white is different from the core and circuit white, wind chill pearl vs .ice cap.

and no accessories are up on the configurator, but I'm sure plenty of standard Corolla hatch options will be there, carpet mats, door sill protectors, homelink rearview, cargo net, and I'm sure these will be 'port installed options' that can't be removed.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:11 PM   #1119
fredzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX,
Sienna, GR86

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
kind of interesting to poke around, and send out for quotes from dealers

anyway, the Morizo white is different from the core and circuit white, wind chill pearl vs .ice cap.

and no accessories are up on the configurator, but I'm sure plenty of standard Corolla hatch options will be there, carpet mats, door sill protectors, homelink rearview, cargo net, and I'm sure these will be 'port installed options' that can't be removed.
Seems like there's huge variations of what you see on the configurator depending on where you are. I think a lot of people, it doesn't even let them in the thing and says something like "out of stock near you"

FWIW these "floor liners" they've been doing lately are pretty good. Usually the all-weather mat option is just a flat rubber mat with a few deepish grooves, salt gets everywhere, might as well have had carpet. These things cover about 60% as much as the WeatherTech liners - definitely enough for me. At the very least I can say they're not a total waste of the money you didn't have a choice about spending when it inevitably gets tacked on anyway.

fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:40 PM   #1120
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: snoco wa
Vehicle:
20 Yami XSR
fast leaf

Default

eh, they look nearly identical to the ones that came in our highlander. They're crap. Replaced almost right away. I don't do weathertech either. Tuxmat is my go-to.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:46 PM   #1121
timpala11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 512891
Join Date: Mar 2020
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
2010 STi/21 Passport
RIP 19 WRX & 16 FXT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
eh, they look nearly identical to the ones that came in our highlander. They're crap. Replaced almost right away. I don't do weathertech either. Tuxmat is my go-to.
Husky ftw! I actually bought WTs for the hatch bc Husky didn't have the "deep dish" ones that I got for my FA wrx.
timpala11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:12 PM   #1122
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: snoco wa
Vehicle:
20 Yami XSR
fast leaf

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpala11 View Post
Husky ftw! I actually bought WTs for the hatch bc Husky didn't have the "deep dish" ones that I got for my FA wrx.
You want coverage, you should look at tuxmat. They cover literally everything...

https://www.tuxmat.com/products/8272...ear=2020&inp=1

dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:22 PM   #1123
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / RAM
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

thanks for the Tuxmat link.. Had not heard of these guys
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:12 PM   #1124
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yeah, well, you know
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Default

I'm not a fan of adding a layer on top of the dead pedal.. otherwise they look pretty sweet.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 07:07 PM   #1125
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default

Those mats look perfect! Just detailed the Tiguan and omg those would have been such a godsend.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2023 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.