Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
Ctuck23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491306
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
White

Default 2011 Sti P0024 Cel

Hello everyone,
So I bought a 2011 STI, 10 miles after leaving the dealer it threw P0024 code. I have read through all the threads I could find. I will list all the things I have done, and hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction
This is adding up quick with all the parts I have changed.

I changed the oil first thing, NOTHING. I swapped the intake OCV'S, NOTHING. I did a datalog and noticed the intake cam was only advancing 6*. I decided to check the timing, that was on. I found a little oil inside the timing cover which I expected to be coming from one of the cam gears. I decided to replace the intake cam gear. Put it all back together and got the same code P0024. I checked continuity between the intake ocv plug and ecu. That read .6 ohms. Pulled the ecm board out and looked at it. That looked good as well. My next thought was since this is the exhaust code I will replace the exhaust OCV. I did that as well as fixed the ground wire going to the housing. The code still came back. Did a data log left intake cam still maxing at 6*. Looked under the car after logs and noticed a little bit of oil on the bottom of the timing cover. When I changed the intake cam gear I replaced the packing on the cam gears. I also cleaned the AVCS oil line on the front side of the driver head.

I do not know what to do next, I haven't changed the exhaust cam gear, I haven't replaced the ECU, and haven't checked continuity from the exhaust OCV plug to the ECU. I've noticed that once people fix this code they dont report what the fix was. Let's change that, I sure hope someone can help me fix this and point me in the right direction. This is stressing me out.

One other thing to add. When I remember the exhaust OCV the oil looked a little dirty. The oil is brand new. The oil on the passenger head looked cleaner than on the driver. I'll be waiting on you guys.... Thanks in advance.
Ctuck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
dcp-m3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235244
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2014 STI & 2012 WRX
Silver/Black

What's the status? Did you figure out the issue? I have the same code on my 2014 STI
dcp-m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
SubeN'Siren
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 151171
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
02 Subaru WRX
Blue

Bumping this up, I have this code and haven't tried anything yet.
2012 Sti, about to try a new ocv but I am wondering about the banjo bolts, etc.
SubeN'Siren is offline   Reply With Quote