Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 25, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #1
lscardin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500424
Default 08 WRX driver side blend door actuator/motor location?

So I've been having an issue where the AC is cold on the passenger side, but not the driver side. I took it to a local shop, and they verified the freon was good. They said it was probably a blend door actuator/motor, and suggested I take it to a Subaru dealership since they didn't know where it was located. I called the dealership to get an idea of cost, and they said some models had it readily accessible and would cost around $200, but others require removing the dash, which would be about $1200. Ouch, big difference there.

I was hoping someone could tell me where the driver side blend door motor would be on an '08 WRX Sedan (with climate control, single zone). If it's something I can replace myself that would be awesome. If not, and the dash has to come out, at least I can be prepared to pay it.

Thanks for any help.
lscardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links