Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 25, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #626
Finch1021
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326261

Finch1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2019, 11:47 PM   #627
fponias
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499841
Default Different wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch1021 View Post
Yes the tire clearance at top is tight. But not as bad as I was shown how close they were at the tire shop I don't think they had the lift all the way down as I just went under my car and double check and it is closer to what to mentioned.

As far as the fronts yes Iím rubbing hella bad at full lock. But I knew that was going to happen with 27Ē tires. But if thereís a way to lessen or even better solving the issue all together Iím all ears.
I noticed some wheels sit further in than others. I had some 03 forester wheels that were within 2mm of rubbing; while the wheels on my 12 forester had no clearance issues. The camber bolts also brought the wheel in even closer. Turns out I grabbed the wrong struts from the junkyard but I was thinking some 5mm hub spacers would fix the rubbing.
fponias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #628
BaselessEarth12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499426
Default XT Strut Install and Alignment

Later today, I have a pair of 1.75+/-į camber bolts arriving for my Forester XT strut swap into my '07 2.5i. I'm pretty sure I have everything I need for a basic install (struts f/r, TA spacers, camber bolts), but am unsure about alignment specs. I've heard that aligning to XT specs would work, but I want to do it right. Anyone with a strut lift, how did you align your setup? Anything else you needed (aside from swaybar endlinks) for a smooth and reliable install? Any drastic change in ride/handling behavior?

Last edited by BaselessEarth12; 05-04-2019 at 08:38 AM.
BaselessEarth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #629
thericeshield
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491721
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBS
Newport Blue Pearl/Silver

Is it true that if you use spacers that are the same size on the front and back, the front will end up being lifted more than the rear?
thericeshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #630
BaselessEarth12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499426

Quote:
Originally Posted by thericeshield View Post
Is it true that if you use spacers that are the same size on the front and back, the front will end up being lifted more than the rear?
Not necessarily. If your struts are older, yes, but that's how it was sitting before the spacers anyway. So far as I can tell, the "saggy butt" spacers are meant as a remedy for sagging struts if newer ones aren't used.
BaselessEarth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #631
thericeshield
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491721
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBS
Newport Blue Pearl/Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselessEarth12 View Post
Not necessarily. If your struts are older, yes, but that's how it was sitting before the spacers anyway. So far as I can tell, the "saggy butt" spacers are meant as a remedy for sagging struts if newer ones aren't used.
Yeah, I ended up putting in new struts and 3/4" spacers all around and the height difference is pretty even now.
thericeshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #632
SukiSubie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 503166
Default 2006 STI on Forester Suspension

Iíve been trying to lift my 06 sti with 2000 Forester suspension. The rears installed nicely (forester struts and springs with 99 outback trailing arms) but the fronts wonít fit to my larger sti steering knuckles. Before I start cutting and welding the strut mounts to make them work, are there Forester struts that will fit to my knuckles?
SukiSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #633
Getsmurfed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473024
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Black'n'Gold

I've got a 2012 Impreza Sport/Prem Hatch, with a Crosstrek 2" hitch installed. I scrape the occasional driveway apron when exiting, so I do need something lifted up. I was planning on going the easy route with a 1" spacer lift, but am concerned that the rear suspension is sagging lower than the front, and the lift wont be the proper solution.

The rear sits visibly lower than the front. What height should the arches be from the ground? Should I swap to new struts/springs and spacers, or is there a better strut/spring combo to get me a little higher?
Getsmurfed is offline   Reply With Quote