Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 30, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
tony88a
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 504913
Default AT oil temp, brake and traction lights on

Newbie here. Tried to search my issues and no luck.

I was driving my 2010 Legacy and had to slam on my brakes pretty hard to avoid hitting some idiot. A mile later my AT oil temp, brake and traction control lights came on. AT oil temp light was blinking every half second or so, the brake light every second and the traction control light was solid.

I pulled over and nothing seemed wrong. I drove home, they were on the entire time. Car cooled and they were not on the next day. They came on here and there, maybe going days without coming on but always after the car warms up. As the days went on they came on sooner and more frequently. Always going off when the car is cooled. I went to Subaru and there were no history of codes on the basic scanner. I had gone back when the lights were actually on a second time and they checked with the more in depth check and found a P0971 for transfer solenoid.

I'm not sure what do at this point because a basic search of this issue can be so many stupid things... Any ideas?? I know I can take it in and pay for a in depth diag but wanted to see what kind of common fixes there could be for these issues.

Also please correct me if I'm not following some rule or dont have all the information you need.
tony88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
tipsymechanic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505361
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy 2.5i
White

Iím far from an expert, but it sound related to the valve body in the trans. Thatís an expensive fix.
Due to the timing and events prior to your issue, Iíd start with checking/cleaning your ABS sensors and rings. Reset the ECU/TCU and see if it helps.
tipsymechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
Foxhold
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 428143
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark blue

Subaru Stars CEL, AT oil temp, brake and traction lights on

What ended up being the problem/solution?

I was just recently pulling out of my subdivision in my 2012 Impreza (with CVT) in the pouring rain and suddenly these same indicators came on. No sudden braking or hard acceleration, just turning right onto multi-lane with no traffic. It was raining cats and dogs though. As with you, I've searched the indicator combination with MANY suggested culprits.

I pulled codes P0700 & P2764 out of the system. AT oil temp comes on about a quarter mile into any given trip (with the others already on). Sometimes all lights are out at start-up but promptly return at the first "significant" shift, usually w/in 100 feet. Although probably unrelated, I had the brake light switch and valve spring recalls performed a few months ago. Not looking forward to dropping $1500+ on a new valve body, especially since I've been laid off since March 20 with no end in sight. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Foxhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
evaldes
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 468452
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Blue

My 2013 Impreza has P0971 and C1431. If it really is a $1500 repair, I'm going to drive it until it fails and junk the car. This POS has been the biggest maintenance headache of any car I have ever owned.
evaldes is offline   Reply With Quote