Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
devilr3v
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 292564
Default Cobb accesport questions

Ive been debating on getting a cobb accessport for my freshly swapped wrx. Althought i have a couple questions. Is it specific? or does it only have basic maps. I have a 3" downpipe and 2.5borla catback. I will also be adding a vf39 turbo later on and some sti pinks. Is it worth the money or should i just go get it tuned?

Thanks in advance
devilr3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron
Super Moderator

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Download and read the entire manual first.
Open up each of the maps and read the map notes.
Those are CRITICAL items for you. You MUST do them.

We don't do worth here as I know of wallpaper for your house that costs over $100,000 and is well worth it.
We also have a dedicated AP forum, moving.........
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
02subydoo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325104
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Matte Black

Smile welllllll

with the down pipe you have you should be able to run stage 2 93 octane given that you use that octane. That map is enough for you to sit back and go MAN THATS BETTER . the stage 1 maps are better, more fun, and give you a noticable increase in boost but again stage 2 is where you really open your cars potential. I havnt messed with it but you can also download accesstuner race from the cobb website and adjust some settings to youre likings and mods, however i wouldnt unless you really know what your doing.
Hope i helped a little.
02subydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilr3v View Post
Ive been debating on getting a cobb accessport for my freshly swapped wrx. Althought i have a couple questions. Is it specific? or does it only have basic maps. I have a 3" downpipe and 2.5borla catback. I will also be adding a vf39 turbo later on and some sti pinks. Is it worth the money or should i just go get it tuned?

Thanks in advance
You can go to the maps section at cobbtuning.com to see what maps are available for your specific car. Every turbo Subaru AccessPORT will support at least stage 1 (completely stock car or stock car with aftermarket catback), stage 2 (aftermarket downpipe), and other misc. maps such as valet, fuel economy, and anti-theft. It sounds like you may have an 02-05 WRX - there are some stage 3 maps available as well for those cars (aftermarket turbo and injectors), but the turbo and injectors would have to match your combination (view the map notes for any map to see what the requirements are for that map).

You can also still get a custom tune with an AccessPORT through one of the tuners in our protuner network:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Pro-Tuners-s/70681.htm

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote