Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > New Product Development

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #26
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
Cool deal. Anyone have a photo of one installed yet, and ground clearance?
It's about 1/2"-9/16" lower than an OEM STi pan, depending on the OEM pan tolerances.

Are you worried about damaging the pan?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #27
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 90539
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lake Charles
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
It's about 1/2"-9/16" lower than an OEM STi pan, depending on the OEM pan tolerances.

Are you worried about damaging the pan?
Yeah, I don't have anything to protect it.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:03 AM   #28
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
Yeah, I don't have anything to protect it.
You can get a factory bellypan used for cheap, but that's going to provide more aero/cooling improvements than offer damage protection.

Of our pans I've seen involved in off track incidents, I've not seen a failure yet. The off road guys use hard-core belly pan setups, but a lot of track guys use the OEM pan or trimmed down versions of the OEM pan (access to filter and drain usually). We have seen a few come back dented from rod failure on drag cars, but never to a point of causing a leak. The pans are pretty tough. If you strike just the pan repeatedly or specifically JUST the pan I could see how it could fail, but you're talking a significant amount of force. My standard answer here is 'if you hit something hard enough to cause a complete pan failure (doesn't hold oil) then you've likely got much more expensive repairs to worry about than an oil pan'.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:56 PM   #29
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 90539
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lake Charles
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
You can get a factory bellypan used for cheap, but that's going to provide more aero/cooling improvements than offer damage protection.

Of our pans I've seen involved in off track incidents, I've not seen a failure yet. The off road guys use hard-core belly pan setups, but a lot of track guys use the OEM pan or trimmed down versions of the OEM pan (access to filter and drain usually). We have seen a few come back dented from rod failure on drag cars, but never to a point of causing a leak. The pans are pretty tough. If you strike just the pan repeatedly or specifically JUST the pan I could see how it could fail, but you're talking a significant amount of force. My standard answer here is 'if you hit something hard enough to cause a complete pan failure (doesn't hold oil) then you've likely got much more expensive repairs to worry about than an oil pan'.
My car is a 95, and haven't ever seen one for the 93-01 cars. Maybe a dealer can order one.

If I get the pan from Oakos, will it be the cast version and come with the spacers/hardware? I already have your pickup and tray.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #30
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

We've been receiving some excellent feedback about our V4 Cast Pans!

These are now available through your local dealer network!
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #31
Quatro Negro
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 446399
Join Date: May 2016
Default

Installed mine the other weekend and had some issues with bolt/pan clearances. Seems as though the radius between the pan drop and the flange was too close to the pan bolt hole. I saw that some of the holes had clearance cuts in the pan to account for this issue but some of the holes, specifically the ones I had a problem with on the passenger side of the pan, did not. I was able to tighten the bolts down to torque but the material basically scraped off while tightening finally allowing for a flush fitment. Other than that everything seems to work great and love the peace of mind that comes from a higher capacity pan with better baffling.
Quatro Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #32
BoCourage
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 418950
Join Date: Apr 2015
Default New Cast Oil-PANS

Awesome , do you get good readings using the stock dip stick and are you ever going to market a pressure reliving dip stick along with your baffle kits, that has a button on the top to relive minute amounts of pressure to get a more accurate reading of oil levels?
BoCourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #33
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro Negro View Post
Installed mine the other weekend and had some issues with bolt/pan clearances. Seems as though the radius between the pan drop and the flange was too close to the pan bolt hole. I saw that some of the holes had clearance cuts in the pan to account for this issue but some of the holes, specifically the ones I had a problem with on the passenger side of the pan, did not. I was able to tighten the bolts down to torque but the material basically scraped off while tightening finally allowing for a flush fitment. Other than that everything seems to work great and love the peace of mind that comes from a higher capacity pan with better baffling.
Very sorry to hear about your experience with our pan, it should not have been like that. Sounds like the pan may have moved or not been located properly when it was machined. We could have replaced it or added spotfaces to the holes close to the radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCourage View Post
Awesome , do you get good readings using the stock dip stick and are you ever going to market a pressure reliving dip stick along with your baffle kits, that has a button on the top to relive minute amounts of pressure to get a more accurate reading of oil levels?
Stock 2004-2018 STi or 2006-2014 WRX dipstick will work just fun. If you give the handle a little shake or wiggle, it will break the o-ring seal. A pressure relieving dipstick seems like an expensive work around.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #34
car_freak85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13530
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Cascadia
Vehicle:
EA63 , EA81T, EJ20G,
EJ205

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCourage View Post
Awesome , do you get good readings using the stock dip stick and are you ever going to market a pressure reliving dip stick along with your baffle kits, that has a button on the top to relive minute amounts of pressure to get a more accurate reading of oil levels?
IDK how everyone else checks their oil, but I don't even look at the dipstick the first time I pull it out of the tube:

First pull -> wipe clean -> reinsert dipstick -> second pull -> check oil level. No need to jiggle/wiggle or burb the dipstick.
car_freak85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.