Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday January 16, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #26
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Jesus View Post
As a new ICE-based platform the Bronco is already far behind the curve of the Hummer (assuming EV Hummer isn't eventually vaporware, of course).

If Ford does drop an EV Bronco it will need to be based on a skateboard (or other bespoke EV chassis type) like the Mach-E. EVing an ICE chassis leads to all the downsides of every other half-assed compliance EV on the market. Poor packaging and limited range compared to the competiton. Folks can go to EV West with their old Bronco if it's a retrofit they're after.
Um, have you looked at the cost of the hummer versus a Bronco? The Bronco will sell in large volumes. The Ev hummer, while stupid expensive and likely solid margin is going to be a rather limited pool of buyers that will probably dry up rather quickly. Itís also going to have to compete with Rivian which I personally think offers more value, likely better performance and not GM quality (hopefully).

The Bronco is going to be a massive success for Ford and I donít think itís a foolish move at all.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #27
White out
Scooby Guru

Member#: 46277
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
** LP640
575M DMC-12

Since it's been posted in this thread a few times, want to clear something up. It was media rhetoric to go after 'Hummer mpg' after H2 buyers complained because they couldn't figure out why a full time 4WD, 6.0 V8 on a HD chassis weighing in at 6700lbs with 35" tires and the aerodynamics of a ranch house would net 10mpg.

In the alternative my 6.5TD H1 would average 15mpg everywhere. The only significant difference my truck had vs. stock was aftermarket wheels which dropped about 40lbs (each) over the stock steel with runflats.

For reference, my '98 H1 would get better mpg than my '99 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 2WD standard cab/short bed with 5.9/auto which was about 9mpg average in an empty truck . . . actually my Vipers, Murcis and '02 V12 Ferrari get better mpg, than the Ram (LohhhhhL).

But 'HUMMER' is the biggest gas guzzler ever and the dealers deserved to be burned to the ground even though there are likely more 5.9 Rams made, per year, than Hummer's in existence (AMG & H1/2/3).
White out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:55 PM   #28
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805

Mixed up my question with wrong member

Last edited by AVANTI R5; 01-14-2021 at 08:02 AM.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote