Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday November 23, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
syph0r
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519141
Default noob is me.

alright guys, I'm new to subaru's, not new to working on my own cars. To start off I have a 2007 impreza wrx that I got not completely together. Basic info on it is aftermarket TMIC (Mishimoto) 3" TBE (Magnaflow), injen intake and turbo inlet. walboro 255 fuel pump. VF43 turbo. I'm working with a tuner to get it set right, however I am too lean, especially on boost, AFR at like 20+. So far the best I can find is that the leak is from the PCV system. PO apparently messed with it as there are things missing. the breather line that goes under the intake is capped off instead of going into the block. the top metal line that attached to stock TMIC is gone and just a hose with a T that ties into the inlet just before turbo. If I remove the PCV from the intake, cap off the ports on the inlet and where the PCV ties into the manifold by the throttle body, my AFR is where my tuner wants it at. so basically I am wondering what to do. I was also trying to install an oil catch can because I was getting blowby in my intake system. also yes I have put a new PCV in and still same issue. Also made sure all connections are clamped tight.
syph0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
pickleSlapOG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497893
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 Sti Hatch
WRB

Run a iag or crawford aos and forget about trying to fix your pcv system. Your tuner should be telling you this.
pickleSlapOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #3
syph0r
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519141

Well thanks to this whole Covid situation I'm not working and I can't exactly afford a $400 aos system. I'm basically trying to find a diagram or some kind of insight on how to run some lines since I have no center crankcase breather spot, just the PCV opening. I've seen different diagrams but I'm not sure why I'm so confused on it.
syph0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #4
pickleSlapOG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497893
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 Sti Hatch
WRB

Just save up for a month or two, we have nothing but but time my friend. This is what I did, instead of buying a breakfast sandwich and a coffee every morning before work I started waking up 30 minutes earlier every morning and making my own. Thats and extra $200 a month I have in my pocket, $2400 a year. If it's something you really want you have got to find a balance and work for it!
pickleSlapOG is offline   Reply With Quote