Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Scoobyap1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 174637
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX

Default squeeking sound

Well been noticing a squeeking sound on my 02 bugeye. brought it into dealer as i thought it was a brake pad sticking. mainly does it when backing up but you can hear it driving forward slowly. goes away as speed picks up but sometimes can still hear it faintly.

dealer checks brakes and say there ok they cleaned brakes and greased the boots. and say squeeks gone.

Sure enough i don't hear it for 1st 10 min of getting car back then all of a sudden it's back

now there saying it might be the wheel bearing but that should be making a humming/knocking sound.

We had it on lift and spun frt and rear tires and no squeeking sound

But when i drive it on road squeek squeek.

Any ideas or incites.
Scoobyap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
bannerd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 110771
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
black

When does the car squeak at what speed?

Does it squeak when you turn the steering wheel to left or right?

To me it sounds like a rear drum brake. Something might not be right in the rear end part and could be the culprit. Pull the rotor from the rear and check the drum..
bannerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Scoobyap1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 174637
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannerd View Post
When does the car squeak at what speed?

Does it squeak when you turn the steering wheel to left or right?

To me it sounds like a rear drum brake. Something might not be right in the rear end part and could be the culprit. Pull the rotor from the rear and check the drum..
Mainly when i back up in reverse but notice it at slow speeds. and sometimes around 30-40mph very faintly.
Scoobyap1 is offline   Reply With Quote