Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Steveman09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 73727
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy STI
Custom 2 Tone Paint

Exclamation Perrin GT30R Blow-Thru and ID1000's

Does anyone have a MAF Scale done with the Perrin Blow-Thru Boost Tube and ID1000 Injectors they would be willing to let me take a peek at?

Car is 2005 STI
Forged Motor 2.5
Perrin GT3076R .82ar Rotated Turbo Kit
Perrin Blow Thru Boost Tube
ID1000 Injectors
Perrin V1 Top Feed Rails
TGV Deletes

etc, etc.

I've got a trouble spot in the tune that I can pin down, so if anyone has any maps I can compare to please post em up!

Thanks
Steveman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Phatron
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

the scalar and latencies for the ID1000's are on their website...

i have a perrin scale.

but if u know where the problem is.....and it is a MAF/fueling problem....it should be an easy fix, no?
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
the suicidal eggroll
Scooby Guru

Member#: 51961
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
2012 WRX

Every car will be different.

It shouldn't be too hard of an issue to fix. Make several logs (different gears) with RPM, MAF V, Primary OL Map Enrichment, wideband AFR. For multiple delays (delay between combustion and wideband reading), calculate the AFR Error (actual-target)/target, then plot AFR Error versus MAF V and AFR Error vs RPM.

I was running into an issue recently where I had an inconsistent AFR Error, every log the error would move around in MAF V. It wasn't until I plotted it vs RPM that I saw the problem.

Each color is a different log, there are 6 logs there, 2 in 3rd gear, 3 in 4th gear, 1 in 5th gear. The "fuzz" from 3.7v to 4.3v was the problem, no consistency.

Here it is vs RPM

It's just a rich spot at 4600 RPM, fixed it with the MRP/RPM load scaling.
the suicidal eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:12 AM   #4
scwb1987
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490961

You wouldn't happen to have this map still would ya? I have the same setup but with DW850cc Injectors. Looking for a base map??
scwb1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
NSFW
Scooby Guru

Member#: 140444
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the suicidal eggroll View Post
It's just a rich spot at 4600 RPM, fixed it with the MRP/RPM load scaling.
Which injectors were you using?

I found pretty much the same problem in my car years ago. I was using injectors that I was told were Perrin 816s, but later the guy who sold them to me said they were DW 850s. So I'm still not really sure what I had at the time.

I switched to ID 1000s later, and the RPM-related weirdness went away completely. So did a lot of random knock counts (different load & RPM every time, not reproducible) so I've been a big fan of ID ever since.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
scwb87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479968
Default 3076

Iíve been told they were DW850cc. Yellow tops. I should probabaly have them checked. Iím going to switch to 1000cc and try and go E85. Iíll prob just leave it all to the tuner. Iíve had it running decent but I ended up getting an E-tune. Iím just trying to decide if I should make another attempt at tuning or just get it tuned on a dyno and call it good. Iíve got my build setup for around 450hp hopefully but my fuel setup is lacking now to reach that goal. I was told my injectors were at 90% IDC. I was having a heck of a time with the blow thru maf when using RR. Couldnít get my fueling and maf scales correct it seemed.
scwb87 is offline   Reply With Quote