Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Outback Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Default Random question - location of rear wiper relay on BG/BK wagon?

A few years ago I picked up a JDM rear sedan window and wiper setup from JHot on Ebay. That was just the window itself and the wiper motor and mount with the wiring pigtail. A while later I picked up the combination switch from an Outback Limited wagon, so I've got the "good" switch (retains interval front wiper and adds the rear wiper - the base models didn't keep the interval front wipers).

The one thing I appear to be missing, based on reading my Haynes Manual and the FSM, is the rear wiper relay. So, I'd like to head to the junkyard and get one from a wagon, but I don't know where the thing is. Both the Haynes Manual and the FSM refer to it, and have electrical diagrams showing you how to test the relay, but I have yet to find a drawing that shows where on the car it's located.

If it comes down to it, I'll just start pulling all the interior panels on the junkyard car to follow the wiring. But I'm hoping maybe someone has had to troubleshoot/repair their rear wiper and thus knows where the relay is located. That would save me some time and effort when I head to the junkyard.

So, anyone know?

Thanks,
Pat Olsen
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Nearly-8-year thread bump!!

I did find the relay, long ago - just did as I said I would do, went to the junkyard and started following the wiring. As I recall it was along the passenger rocker sill somewhere towards the back seat area.

A new question... Did any of the Outbacks come with a variable rear wiper? Or are they all just on/off/spray?
Old 01-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
dryvby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 49931
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
0305 wrx/Xt
black/black

My 05 controller has slow and fast speeds and has reverse lights inputs, but is not infinitely variable.
dryvby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #4
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Good to know. I may see about snagging one if a newer Legacy or Outback appears in the junkyard.