Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday May 26, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC > NESIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
TonyandSarah
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 508713
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Default RI: 2004 Forester XT, 151k, $4,000 obo

*edit* Price changed to $4,000

Hi all. The time has come to let someone else enjoy our favorite FXT. This is a nearly stock 2004 FXT in Graphite Black Mica/Java Black Pearl. Well maintained, with only a couple mechanical issues and the expected cosmetic flaws. This car served us well for 10 years as our family hauler. Never got stuck in the snow, and never left us hanging. Title in hand.

Pro's:
"only" 151k miles
oil always changed every 3k with Shell Rotella t6 full synth and oem blue filter.
Strong motor
Remote starter (aftermarket)
2 sets of wheels/tires. Prodrive P1's w/nearly new all seasons, and stock with older winters
Yakima roof rack with surf/paddle board attachments (works great on any size board)
STI catback
Aftermarket headhunt with remote control and bluetooth
Uninstalled turboxs up-pipe w/gaskets (pictured)
RI inspection expired March, however, the governess extended them until June 1
Cool mud tray for the rear hatch.

Con's:
Your three primary concerns would be:
1. Occasionally throws the P0456 evap code. By occasionally I mean it's been more than 300 miles since the last time. We had the dealer smoke test to find the leak and it's the fuel filler neck. Not the worst job, but I'm not inclined to do it.
2. Drivers side mirror has a vertical crack. Super annoying. I did secure a new mirror, just waiting to install it.

Because of the above we priced this below every other similar FXT we could find. This little beasty will serve you well with the right amount of love and maintenance. Happy to answer Q's via PM or within post.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by TonyandSarah; Yesterday at 05:33 PM. Reason: Price change to $4,000
TonyandSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #2
TonyandSarah
Scooby Newbie

Default Update and price drop

Hi all. With lots of time during the quarantine, I took care of some issues/maintenance. The car now has fresh differential fluid front and rear, as well as a gallon of new fluid in the trans. I had a new wheel bearing pressed into the drivers rear hub, so now the car is free of annoying sounds. I also installed a new battery since the other one went bad. I still show no DTC's on the code reader, which is good.

I am still trying to source a new drivers side mirror from the forums. Also, while removing the hub to get the wheel bearing replaced, as couple small bits from the ebrake assy broke. So, as of now, the ebrake cable is safely secured to the control arm. I'm not presently inclined to tackle that job. So, I'm reducing the price to $4,000. This includes both sets of wheels, the Yakima rack and surf board attachment, and uninstalled aftermarket upper pipe.

Thanks for looking, and please stay safe out there.

Tony
Old 05-10-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
TonyandSarah
Scooby Newbie

Default Quick update, Including our canoe.

Quick update on this. As we were getting our soon-to-be-former canoe (a Sportsman by Old Town) ready for sale to make room for our transition to Kayaks, we thought, heck, the new owner of our FXT might really enjoy this, and it would save us the trouble of selling another big item. So, our FXT will now come with a pretty terrific 3-person canoe. We can include the paddles, but we need to keep our life jackets for kayaking.

Below is a really nice review done about the exact model and color canoe we are including.

http://www.texaskayakfisher.com/blog...n-canoe-review.

Price still $4,000. Still open to offers and full/partial trades, especially boats and rv's

Thanks!

Tony
Old 05-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
KGilstrap
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 494490
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Would you be interested in trading those wheels for stock 04 forester wheels plus some cash?
KGilstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #5
TonyandSarah
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGilstrap View Post
Would you be interested in trading those wheels for stock 04 forester wheels plus some cash?
Hey, thanks for looking and for the offer. I do still have the original wheels with older winter tires and they are included in the sale.

If someone wants a discount and prefers the stock wheels I will certainly sell the Prodrives separately. For now I am hoping that the P1's add to the appeal and will help me sell the car.

Stay well man

Tony
Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #6
TonyandSarah
Scooby Newbie

Quick price update.

Still open to offers/trades etc

Last edited by TonyandSarah; 05-22-2020 at 11:01 AM.