Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday May 30, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2020, 11:59 PM   #101
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
I canít ever be apart of the brah crowd lol. Took it off roading a few hours ago and wow, the technology and suspension on this for an out of the box oem performance truck are damn impressive. It crawled with a decent amount of ease, the hill descent control is legit, the steering when going higher speeds and the way the suspension gets better is incredible. I didnít think Iíd enjoy doing this but itís fun as hell.
You are the 1% using it as it as designed, kudos. The clowns around here are all hat and no cattle. Damn thing is just a DD and a a drive thru machine.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:02 AM   #102
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2019 Audi S3

Default

Raptors weren't designed to travel on pavement?
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #103
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
You are the 1% using it as it as designed, kudos. The clowns around here are all hat and no cattle. Damn thing is just a DD and a a drive thru machine.
Damn expensive truck just to drive around town in! Iím going to take it out to the Knolls and Salt Flats today for some fun. Iíll get some pics after.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #104
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Damn expensive truck just to drive around town in! Iím going to take it out to the Knolls and Salt Flats today for some fun. Iíll get some pics after.

Saw your exact truck today dealing with zombies as I supplied up before the holiday weekend. Don't know why you hate the color, it looked good. Ceramic coat that bish yourself.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #105
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
Saw your exact truck today dealing with zombies as I supplied up before the holiday weekend. Don't know why you hate the color, it looked good. Ceramic coat that bish yourself.
How hard is it to ceramic coat? I donít want to **** it up lol.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:50 AM   #106
Brahmzy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3293
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: CO
Vehicle:
'20 Ascent
'15 XTerra P4X

Default

^^ Depends how much prep/paint repair is needed. It’s more of an intense, dedicated, uninterrupted block of time vs a difficulty thing. But yes, you have to know how to do it properly. Clear bra the thing BEFORE (if you’re going to), not after the ceramic is applied.
Brahmzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #107
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
^^ Depends how much prep/paint repair is needed. It’s more of an intense, dedicated, uninterrupted block of time vs a difficulty thing. But yes, you have to know how to do it properly. Clear bra the thing BEFORE (if you’re going to), not after the ceramic is applied.

Yeah and in 2020, you can do the lower end ceramic stuff DIY. I'd definitely want some clearbra if going to the desert.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #108
Diz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 874
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Mountains
Vehicle:
2018 STi Type RA
2005 Honda S2000

Default

Congrats on the Raptor. That was a smokin' deal on a great truck. A friend of mine let me drive his 2017 Super Cab and it's a hoot.
Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #109
Balantz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101457
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
Czar of Sweet Dance
Moves

Default

Is this the mid-life crisis truck thread now?
Balantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #110
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantz View Post
Is this the mid-life crisis truck thread now?
****, Iím turning 33. I hope I donít die at 66.

I think Iím going to have it auto flex painted. Itís similar to a wrap but half the cost due to labor being less. It looks damn good and you can customized the color with flakes, etc. A guy on the M2 forum did his in San Marino blue and it looks amazing ( https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1530010 )

Just like normal paint, it can be buffed and waxed etc. It peels off when you want tk take it off. Can apply multiple layers to add to the thickness if desired. I was quoted $2400 by their authorized installer. If I add flake, itís another $200.

Not bad
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #111
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantz View Post
Is this the mid-life crisis truck thread now?
odd to think that at 35, the reality is I'm likely close to mid-life... Obviously nobody knows when they're gonna go, but 70 isn't unheard of for a life span.

I'm going to check out an S2K this weekend. Maybe this is my mid-life crisis?
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #112
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
odd to think that at 35, the reality is I'm likely close to mid-life... Obviously nobody knows when they're gonna go, but 70 isn't unheard of for a life span.

I'm going to check out an S2K this weekend. Maybe this is my mid-life crisis?
Do it!

Or buy my M2. Iíll make you a nice deal on it.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #113
Skylab
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 4263
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Encinitas
Default Fear of an Impending Car-Price Collapse Grips Auto Industry

^
A word of caution, most paint damage comes from improper washing techniques.* Swirls, light scratches and love marks.

Two vehicles I detailed recently...

2006 Volvo station wagon that has probably been washed a dozen times. And a 2014 Toyota four runner.

The 4Runnerís paint was thrashed because of the constant taking it to the car wash routine. Where the Volvoís paint wasnít bad at all. I think the layers of years of built up dirt protected the paint.

So, if you get your truck wrapped or plastidipped, etc, none of its impervious to strangersí hands.

*Aside from external forces like rock chips, and miscellaneous road debris.

Last edited by Skylab; 05-22-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Skylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #114
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
^
A word of caution, most paint damage comes from improper washing techniques.* Swirls, light scratches and love marks.

Two vehicles I detailed recently...

2006 Volvo station wagon that has probably been washed a dozen times. And a 2014 Toyota four runner.

The 4Runnerís paint was thrashed because of the constant taking it to the car wash routine. Where the Volvoís paint wasnít bad at all. I think the layers of years of built up dirt protected the paint.

So, if you get your truck wrapped or plastidipped, etc, none of its impervious to strangersí hands.

*Aside from external forces like rock chips, and miscellaneous road debris.
Yeah, I know. I mostly just want to protect the paint underneath (also donít like white but whatever). The road here are crap to lots of rock chips. It would also help against stuff while hooning around in the desert. I usually just pressure wash my vehicles (not the drive through with the brush wheels).
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:27 PM   #115
Straight6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 419593
Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
odd to think that at 35, the reality is I'm likely close to mid-life... Obviously nobody knows when they're gonna go, but 70 isn't unheard of for a life span.

I'm going to check out an S2K this weekend. Maybe this is my mid-life crisis?
DO IT. My attainable dream car right there. There was an immaculate CPO one at an Acura dealer about 5 miles away from me...Of course it got sold before I even had a chance to check it out . I am almost 40...Damn I am getting old.

Oh well, I guess it is time for jean shorts with a Hawaiian shirt tucked in, white socks, New Balance sneakers and an automatic C7.
Straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:36 PM   #116
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight6 View Post
DO IT. My attainable dream car right there. There was an immaculate CPO one at an Acura dealer about 5 miles away from me...Of course it got sold before I even had a chance to check it out . I am almost 40...Damn I am getting old.

Oh well, I guess it is time for jean shorts with a Hawaiian shirt tucked in, white socks, New Balance sneakers and an automatic C7.
I see nothing wrong with this lol
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #117
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

Default

I've had my S2000 for 11 years now. Longest I've ever owned a car, for good reason. Before that, it was only 4 years.

There's nothing wrong wanting an S2000. Because it's rare enough and not a Miata.

--kC
KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #118
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
****, Iím turning 33. I hope I donít die at 66.

I think Iím going to have it auto flex painted. Itís similar to a wrap but half the cost due to labor being less. It looks damn good and you can customized the color with flakes, etc. A guy on the M2 forum did his in San Marino blue and it looks amazing ( https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1530010 )

Just like normal paint, it can be buffed and waxed etc. It peels off when you want tk take it off. Can apply multiple layers to add to the thickness if desired. I was quoted $2400 by their authorized installer. If I add flake, itís another $200.

Not bad
Just saying, you could die tomorrow or even before you read this post.


But you bought a Raptor, so I think you already understand living in the moment
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #119
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I've had my S2000 for 11 years now. Longest I've ever owned a car, for good reason. Before that, it was only 4 years.

There's nothing wrong wanting an S2000. Because it's rare enough and not a Miata.

--kC
Everyone I've talked to who has one has told me the same thing. They absolutely love it. Prices on them have been going up too.

I'm having a hard time committing... Buying the s2k requires trading the R in for a 3 row family car (likely Highlander or Atlas). However, my commutes (pre covid) we're getting terrible. 40+ minutes to go 12 miles. So switching to a DD and a dedicated sports car seems to make sense. We'll trade the outback in on something more commuter friendly in a few years when the electric options get better.

I figured that I really need to just get out and test drive an s2k to convince me to do it. Once I've got that in the garage, I'll feel more motivated to strip the R and trade it in.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:23 PM   #120
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
odd to think that at 35, the reality is I'm likely close to mid-life... Obviously nobody knows when they're gonna go, but 70 isn't unheard of for a life span.

I'm going to check out an S2K this weekend. Maybe this is my mid-life crisis?
I'm 32, and won't likely live to 60, much less 70. So I'm already past mid life haha. I need a corvette soon
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #121
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default





All this talk about buying car and I am here thinking about selling our cars because we only have driven about 5 miles in 7 weeks. I hope I never have to go back to the office. I love S2000s but the wife always shot me down .

Last edited by juanmedina; 05-23-2020 at 08:26 AM.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #122
Diz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 874
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Mountains
Vehicle:
2018 STi Type RA
2005 Honda S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
Everyone I've talked to who has one has told me the same thing. They absolutely love it. Prices on them have been going up too.
I absolutely love my AP2. It's the polar opposite of the Golf R and would be the perfect complement to something like a Highlander or Atlas. Here's mine in all of its retinal searing glory - https://photos.app.goo.gl/NYAVyhtJDHntqd7n8.

Last edited by Diz; 05-23-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #123
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
[IMG]
All this talk about buying car and I am here thinking about selling our cars because we only have driven about 5 miles in 7 weeks. I hope I never have to go back to the office. I love S2000s but the wife always shot me down .
I'd love to, but the wife is a teacher and I'm an engineer on the fringe if the construction industry. Both require a lot of in person connection. I hope to work remotely a bit more, but my wife can't once things open back up. So we still need 2 commuter cars.

The s2k sold a few hours before I was going to check it out. I got caught up building some shelves in the garage to make room for the s2k and missed it. Back on the hunt.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #124
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
'18 Golf R
'14 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz View Post
I absolutely love my AP2. It's the polar opposite of the Golf R and would be the perfect complement to something like a Highlander or Atlas. Here's mine in all of its retinal searing glory - https://photos.app.goo.gl/NYAVyhtJDHntqd7n8.
Love it. Always have a soft spot for those in yellow. I'm likely to end up ap1. Generally a bit cheaper, and most avoid the dbw and tcs. But if I could find a 2004 reasonably priced, I'd be all over it.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #125
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

Default

Mine... (Old Pic but the only thing that's changed is back to stock wheels, and they're plastidipped black)



Yep, GPW with Red/Black interior. Also, new top (before I bought it) with glass rear.

--kC
KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.