Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'For Sale' Classifieds > Services

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #1076
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (7)

Member#: 275060
Chapter/Region: SCIC

First, the results from the 2016 WRX dyno tune. Delicious Tuning had previously tuned this car for us without the GS TMIC, GS 3port EBCS, GS charge pipe and KillerB headers. Graph shows both todays results and the previous tunes results. No major change to peak HP numbers, but plenty more power under the curve. Good gains on torque across the board. KillerB headers WORK for the FA20DIT just like they WORK for the EJ. GS TMIC allowed more boost even though it was far hotter today. So a "win" for both.

Also installed my first IRP shifter for the BRZ/FRS today. Very cool product. Takes some set up, but once it is dialed it is very nice and is a real race car shifter for the platform.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Infamous Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #1077
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Hope you all had a very relaxing Labor Day weekend. I decided to make good on a promise to my 4 year old and assemble her out door play set. I know my skill sets and wood working is not a strong one, but 110deg weather be damned. Where there is a will there is a way. I was successful in my endeavor with zero assistance. Now offering back yard play set assembly by Infamous Performance, LOL... Can your Subie take the Wiki Wave Slide???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #1078
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

This 2007 Legacy GT was towed in today. Unfortunately today was not the cars best day. Under load and boost the engine seized and broke a rod. Approx 30k miles on this dealership/factory warrantied engine before it went boom. I can see the missing aluminum under the manifold, over cylinder #4. So a little guy inside tried to open a window and escape. I can see areas under the TMIC where the wiring harness ignited as well. Once again, we will rebuild it better than it was before. This Subie will live again.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #1079
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

A 2012 STi completed today and now ready for pick up. Refresh of the heads, new OEM head gaskets and GSC valve guides installed along with a new OEM timing kit and water pump.

This one lifted a head (cyl #3) under boost and was leaking past the valve guides. Less than 70k original miles on the clock. Stage2 power level.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #1080
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

I am now at the point where I am ready to pull the engine out of the 2007 LGT. Here are a few pix of what I can see prior to picking it and setting it on a stand. I am hopeful the rod did not break through the water pipe violently enough to go into the intake manifold. The customer mentioned losing the brakes and the booster hose is intact. If the rod went into the intake manifold all vacuum would be lost and the brakes would lose the power assist. The throttle body may be damaged from the flare up as well. The air pump system deff is. This is not going to be an inexpensive repair. Even without tearing it down I can see that this repair could end up costing more than the current market value of the car. Not good.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #1081
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Unfortunately there might not be much usable left in the 2007 LGT. Maybe the cams are good, the timing covers, and a few other small pieces. The cams could be shot too though. I have not had the stomach to remove the valve covers yet.

Yes, the rod actually broke off and made a home for itself in the water pipe. That is how it came off the engine. I was able to recover many other "moon rocks" through the gaping hole in the block. You can see the damaged head by peeking through the hole in the block. I see 3 broken pistons among the mess (not just the one I was able to "reassemble" like a puzzle). We recovered rocks from the radiator too, so the entire cooling system and heater core is contaminated.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #1082
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

2007 Legacy GT. The long block. The hole the alien left after birthing. The metal contamination going into the combustion chamber (meaning it is in the intake manifold as well) in cylinder #2. The four spark plugs, cylinder #2 and #3 are crushed.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #1083
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Welcome class. Today's lesson is how to read the temperature gauge on your Subaru. The explanation is below. Study up, there will be a quiz.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #1084
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Completed the turbo rebuild (thanks to Pure Turbos, once again) on this 2012 WRX and handed back the keys to the owner this week. The car is now back to boosting on its EWG set up.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #1085
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

I decided to attempt to figure out how to tune a Subaru today. I keep hearing about how easy it is, so maybe I can earn a little extra coin working double duty and tuning myself. I had a eureka moment when I stumbled across theses settings in the laptop. Who knew??? All these years of watching tuners with their heads buried in a lap top sitting in the drivers seat with the A/C on and the car on the dyno, looking like they are deep in thought. Now I know! LOL.

Have a great weekend!!!

Old 09-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #1086
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Installed a Invidia Q200 on a VERY clean 2004 STi toady. Rarely do you see a 2004 STi with under 100k miles, stock power levels and SUPER CLEAN. This car IS a diamond in the rough.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #1087
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

The "what you never want to happen to your engine" picture gallery. A cracked oil pick up tube appears to be the "smoking gun". This failure took out the radiator, wiring harness, throttle body, intake manifold, air pump system, the entire engine (only the plastic timing covers were salvageable) and possibly more. We have a meeting with a USAA adjuster tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the owner of the car.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #1088
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Getting prepped for the 2017 Continental Tire Show Car Shootout.

2017 SHOW CAR SHOOTOUT DETAILS
Date: September 26, 2017
Location: Streets of Willow Springs, WSIR, 3500 75th St. W, Rosamond, CA
Vehicle Type: Show Cars Of All Varieties
Format: Fastest timed lap wins

Good luck to driver Mark Cowans as he takes on the competition this weekend. Support your local SD County racers!

Old 09-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #1089
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Yes, we work on normally aspirated/non-modified Subarus as well. We have standard service/maintenance/repair offerings for all Subies. This 2008 Impreza 2.5i has just received new head gaskets along with freshened up heads. A new timing kit and water pump were also installed. It is now running strong and ready for pick up.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #1090
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Ready to drop this EJ257 back into its home under the hood of a 2012 STi. New 13+ STi heat treated crank, OFM h beam rods, King bearings, CP pistons, ARP studs and more in the engine. New ID 1050 injectors and a So Cal Porting 11 blade 16g turbo for more "go".

Old 09-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #1091
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Monday morning update. What an STi with a blown head gasket looks like. 3rd one in this month.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #1092
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

This 2012 STi is now ready for start up. Waiting for the base map (this car is being tuned by Steve Gerhardt formerly of 7L Autosport) to start it up and begin the break in process. Our first "fresh engine" start up and tune with Steve! Hoping to set up a tuning schedule with Steve shortly and have two options in tuner for our customers.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:47 AM   #1093
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Corrected this coil over install today on a 2010 LGT. Which is actually not why the car was in the shop today. But my OCD would not allow me to let it leave this way (it is dangerous and the car carries a small child). If installing your own suspension, please do not install the front coils/camber plates/top hats like this.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #1094
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Installed an Invidia R400 Gemini exhaust on a 2017 WRX today. Very nice fit on this Invidia exhaust right out of the box with zero modification. Sound is nice and deep with no rasp, more "German" in sound than any other Invidia cat back.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:27 AM   #1095
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

A Perrin down pipe thermal blanket removed from a 2013 STi today. Blanket had been installed for approx 2.5 years. FYI, yes they work to reduce under-hood temps, but they do not last forever.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #1096
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Going back in time... A project car (05 LGT wagon) that I built back in 2011. Possibly the first project car out of the "new" shop (we moved into suite 6 in 2010). A very LONG story behind this car as it was almost the last car built out of the shop. Pix are from Subiefest 2013?

Old 10-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #1097
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Since Max and Dave brought it up... we called this car Spider Pig. 2005 LGT sedan. Completed in 2011 (for the last time)?

Mod list:
AMR CRX550 Turbo, Billet WG: 10cm Hotside Port Polish Coat
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler
AP Inlet Tube
GoFastBits Respons Bypass Valve
KSTech 73mm intake
PTP Subaru Turbo Blanket
DeatschWerks 65c Compact High Flow Fuel Pump
DeatschWerks 850cc Side Feed Fuel Injectors
IP&T DW65c Pump Housing Bracket
IP&T TGV Deletes
IP&T Complete Filtered Turbo Oil Supply Line & ACVS Replacement Line Kit
IP&T SS Clutch Line
Enkei RPF-1, 18x8
BFGoodrich KDW2 245/35/18
StopTech Front Big Brake Kit, Red, Slotted Rotors
BFGoodridge Rear SS brake lines
ATE SuperBlue Brake & Clutch Fluid
Competition Clutch Performance Clutch Kit -Stage 3
KillerB Oil Baffle / Windage Tray
KillerB Subaru Oil Pick Up
KillerB Subaru Oil Pick Up & Oil Pan
GrimmSpeed 3-Port Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
GrimmSpeed 8mm Phenolic Thermal Manifold Spacers
GrimmSpeed 05-07 Subaru Legacy GT Master Cylinder Brace
GroupN Motor Mount's
GroupN Pitch Stop Mount
GroupN Transmission Mount's
CNT Performance Subaru Legacy GT Catted Downpipe
GTSPEC Equal Length Header & Uppipe
Stromung/IP&T 3 Quad Tip Cat Back Exhaust
Thermotec Exhaust Wrap, Spray and Hood Liner
Kartboy Stock Length Exhaust Hangers
Kartboy 5-Speed Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing
Kartboy Front Sway Bar End Links
Kartboy Rear Sway Bar End Links
Hotchkis Subaru Legacy GT Front & Rear Sway Bars
AVO Rear Stabilizer Bar Mount Reinforcement Brackets
Vorschlag front camber plates
Cusco Legacy GT BP9 Front Strut Brace
AST Custom Subaru Legacy GT Coilover Kit
Whiteline Front Inner Control Arm Bushing Kit
Whiteline Rear Differential Bushing Inserts
Whiteline Roll-Center & Bump-Steer Kit
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushing Kit
Whiteline Subaru Legacy GT Anti-Dive / Caster Kits
Whiteline Subaru Legacy GT Camber Adjustment Kit
Whiteline Subaru LGT Sway Bar Bushing Kits
Whiteline Front Differential Mount Bushings
Whiteline Subaru Positive Shift Kit
Gimmick Subaru Legacy GT Radiator Hoses
Cobb Tuning Subaru Legacy GT Radiator Cooling Plate
Mishimoto Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank
Mishimoto Subaru Legacy GT Aluminum Radiator
Mishimoto Subaru LGT Fan Shroud
Momo Shift Knob
AEM UEGO Wideband Gauge
AEM Digital Boost Gauge
Dual 52mm Gauge Pod
Hella Supertone Horn Kit
STi Short Throw Shifter (5 M/T, customized)
SPT Subaru Legacy GT Turbo Heat Shield
SPT V2 Billet Battery Tie Down
SPT V2 Billet Oil Cap
Subtle Alternator Cover
STi Pedals
R-Rev Aero Strakes & Mud Guards
R-Rev Grill & Eyelids
R-Rev TypeS Trunk Spoiler
R-Rev Rear Window Wing
Custom Seats, Alcantra and Faux Carbon Fiber Front & Rear
Custom Shift Boot, E-Brake Boot & Arm Rest Cover, Alacantra
Diode Dynamics Complete LED Interior Lighting Upgrade
Headlamps Cleared/blacked out with Halo's & HID's.
Custom Halo + Foglight Daytime Running Lights

Car was originally built for show, then re-purposed for track use.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #1098
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Spotted on the 15 today. A 2008 LGT. Nice to see the shop windshield stickers are being put to use. I still have a few available for free at the shop.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:55 PM   #1099
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Installed a set of JDL UEL headers, Invidia over pipe, Invidia front pipe and Invidia Q300 cat back exhaust (with Cusco hangars) on a 2013 BRZ today. Also fitted a Kartboy short shifter and shifter bushing to the car today. Hope the owner likes the new attitude and sound.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:55 PM   #1100
Infamous Performance
Former Vendor

Installed a set of JDL UEL headers, Invidia over pipe, Invidia front pipe and Invidia Q300 cat back exhaust (with Cusco hangars) on a 2013 BRZ today. Also fitted a Kartboy short shifter and shifter bushing to the car today. Hope the owner likes the new attitude and sound.