Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 7, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
Subiesavage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507700
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i/T
Black

Default OBD2 diagram//help

Need some insight
Backstory: 2006 Impreza 2.5i was trying to run a vag com cable saw there was not power to the cable so got my handy power probe out to check and make sure I had correct power and grounds on obd was not getting any signal on any wire hooked up to my battery to cross check it was working and saw that the power probe is broken with it set permanently applying power no matter what setting now Problem: new power probe rechecked OBD and getting power on pin 16 (pin 1 for Subaru) which is correct but OBD is not working now with any scan tool previously was just bag com was not working and grounds are not registering as grounds on probe I need to know if someone has the correct diagram for data link connector (OBD) to find out if I screwed up anything using the original power probe which may have been applying power to the SSM to the ECU or ground incorrectly and may have broke something

If someone has access to alldata for pinout that would be great pic for reference but I have more connections than shown on my engine diagnostics manual
Subiesavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
Subiesavage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507700
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i/T
Black

i was originally using a non ftdi vag com cable wasn’t able to use romraider to ready my monitors for inspection was the original goal but in the process I have “bricked” this obd plug-in one of the pins because now no scanner works because of applying power to some pins now I just want a functioning obd plug I have an access port a general scan tool and now a real ftdi vag com cable or that all work on a 2009 wrx but not my 06 2.5i the problem lies in the plug
I need the diagram in order to verify what signal should be on each wire/pin on the plug to verify correct voltage and then determine a solution
Subiesavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
atikovi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507249

You can probably find the diagrams in the service manual at *nope*

Last edited by Mulder; 11-03-2019 at 09:34 PM. Reason: link to copyrighted content removed
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/05 GTO

Sorry NASIOC rules prohibit linking to copyrighted content such as the service manuals.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote