Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday January 26, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #5876
awfulwaffle
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 409332
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SE MI/SE WI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
PBP

Default

Angel at Horsepower Techs has a pretty nice bagged STI. May be worth talking to him.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:12 PM   #5877
DesertFox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 43823
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rockville, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru STI
WRB

Default

Thanks for the recommendations! After driving around michigan for almost 5 years and destroying my bumper countless times I want something more comfortable and a higher ride height.
DesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #5878
Scooby921
Merci Buckets
Moderator
 
Member#: 88606
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2018 Grand Cherokee
Velvet Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Angel at Horsepower Techs has a pretty nice bagged STI. May be worth talking to him.
That's a name I've not heard in many years. Didn't know he was still in and around the Subaru world.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #5879
equinox92
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 274001
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Vehicle:
98 Impreza RSTi
Rally Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
That's a name I've not heard in many years. Didn't know he was still in and around the Subaru world.
Probably haven't heard it in years because you can't hear it over his subs blasting while on the god damn race track.

Yeah, my ass is chapped about that one
equinox92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #5880
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on suspension work on STI in the greater detroit area? Thinking about getting air suspension.
Hotrod Shop in Troy did my trunk setup, its been 3 years and I've had zero issues with the work done.

Be advised you will pay well over 1k for a bag install job, it took me and a buddy two days to do mine in my garage.
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #5881
DesertFox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 43823
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rockville, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru STI
WRB

Default

Thanks for the advice guys. Had it installed by Hotrod Shop. They did a great job and are a bunch of stand up guys!
DesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #5882
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Troy ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

They have really nice BBQ meets during the summer too
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #5883
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

I would not hesitate to have Hot Rod Shop do anything to any of my cars, Jamie really takes pride in his shop and his work.
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:43 AM   #5884
Sean Epperson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 451440
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Allen Park
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Black

Default Downriver... no dealers?

Where do you get your car serviced? My 2015 WRX has that filter that most generic places dont carry. Advice? Use one of the Dealers north of Detroit?
Sean Epperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:39 PM   #5885
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Troy ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Epperson View Post
Where do you get your car serviced? My 2015 WRX has that filter that most generic places dont carry. Advice? Use one of the Dealers north of Detroit?
I only take my car to Matt at Flat Four in Troy , It is also nice cause its a mile from my home.

https://flatfourautomotive.com/
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #5886
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Epperson View Post
Where do you get your car serviced? My 2015 WRX has that filter that most generic places dont carry. Advice? Use one of the Dealers north of Detroit?
Sellers Subaru in Macomb if you don't mind the hike from Downriver.
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #5887
DarioToppi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 501363
Join Date: May 2019
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2018 Wrx Premium
WR Blue

Default

Hello all,

I知 looking into throwing an accessport, Phatbotti tune, and a catted J-pipe on my 2018 WRX but I have some concerns over how the dealers will react with these if i bring my car in. I have the 100,000 mile warranty and I知 currently at 12,500 miles and I知 itching to throw a tune on but I知 not sure if its worth the risk. Ive spoken to a couple people and there really isnt a trend of what they will do. One guy I know went to Lafontaine and he has left his AP in his car with his tune on and no one has said anything to him everytime he goes but others are saying they will question you. I purchased my car from Suburban and I would most likely go there but my closest dealer is Lafontaine. When I called both to ask what they would do if I brought my car in and they both said they would void out my warranty and as far as I know they can稚 and all they can do is deny service if they find that the tune or aftermarket part added caused the issue.
DarioToppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #5888
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Troy ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioToppi View Post
Hello all,

I知 looking into throwing an accessport, Phatbotti tune, and a catted J-pipe on my 2018 WRX but I have some concerns over how the dealers will react with these if i bring my car in. I have the 100,000 mile warranty and I知 currently at 12,500 miles and I知 itching to throw a tune on but I知 not sure if its worth the risk. Ive spoken to a couple people and there really isnt a trend of what they will do. One guy I know went to Lafontaine and he has left his AP in his car with his tune on and no one has said anything to him everytime he goes but others are saying they will question you. I purchased my car from Suburban and I would most likely go there but my closest dealer is Lafontaine. When I called both to ask what they would do if I brought my car in and they both said they would void out my warranty and as far as I know they can稚 and all they can do is deny service if they find that the tune or aftermarket part added caused the issue.
It really depends on the service department and such , Lafontaine and Sellers are pretty chill about it I would never even take a lawnmower to Suburban Subaru after trying to buy parts there.

That entire dealer is trash and its 3 miles from my house.

I would leave it stock and enjoy your warranty , Get some nice shocks or tires to enjoy driving the car more.
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.