Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday May 7, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-30-2021, 04:05 AM   #1
Hondakiller_Sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522690
Default Sti wind splitter

Iím putting my apr carbon fiber wind splitter with a seibon carbon fiber lip on top of it and everyone knows it comes with 0 hard wear i figured Iíd run 3 bolts from splitter to lip 3 from lip to splitter then 4 threw splitter lip bumper then washer bolt pulse the rods should be plenty in the front the back I came up with the idea of using either Jeep hood clamps or magnets amazon has these magnets that are rated to hold up to 409 lbs but I got a set of 4 200 lb magnets they are used for fishing ( yes ppl like to catch metal junk in water ways with magnets..) itís set up the bottom part being flat obviously thatís the part that makes contact with metal then the other side is a loop that screws on and off thatís where you would run your fishing line. It screws off and thereís is a 1 in long screw that i could thread a half inch bolt on I was thinking about ditching the loop and putting the magnet it a safe place maybe on a support mount idk gotta see what it lands drilling a small hole threw the splitter and threading the 1 in screw threw the whole of the splitter and then locking with a washer and a nut so it be magnet stuck to metal with the screw pointing straight down to the ground then thread that threw the hole in the splitter lock with washer nut with 2 200 lb magnets.. what do you think of this? I did my gtc apr 300 similar with a few bolts bc I got a wrx trunk for it and didnít rally wanna poke holes in and I couldnít pull it off it I tried. It make it so much easier getting it on and off wirh bumper quick releases and screw the nut off the magnets boom right off. Oil filter is relocated to the spot where they battery is and the battery is relocated to where the spare tire is
Hondakiller_Sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2021, 12:56 PM   #2
Wayne Suhrbier
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 144044
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 STI
OBP

The sheet metal is too thin to get the full holding power from a larger magnet so you might want more than 2. Also you will want a couple of pins or tabs to keep it from sliding.
Wayne Suhrbier is offline   Reply With Quote