Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 17, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-30-2003, 04:45 AM   #1
gonzosquirrel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 30543
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2010 Fozzy XT
Cobb Stage 2

Default How much HP (approx) from these mods?

I am curious to find out (without dyno) what kind of HP improvment I might have from these mods that I have done over the last 6 months. I have noticed a significant drivability increase and a large increase in mid-range/top-end pulling power.

Samco intercooler hoses
GoFastBits under drive pulleys
GoFastBits MBC set to 15.5 psi (max in 4th gear)
K&N panel filter (with silencer removal)
Perrin uppipe
Prodrive axle-back

I am taking a guess that these improvements will have added somewhere between 40 and 70 crank HP (maybe 25 WHP).

Any guesses?

gonzosquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2003, 05:53 AM   #2
teiva-boy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22825
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Maybe 30HP at the crank... If your lucky
teiva-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:09 AM   #3
gonzosquirrel
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 Fozzy XT
Cobb Stage 2

Most of what I have read on this forum and others as well as the overinflated manufacturer's claims have shown that my guess is not too liberal. The uppipe alone boasts anywhere from 15 to 30 HP. And by bumping boost levels from stock to 15.5psi should bring another 10 to 15 HP. I know the other stuff combined may only bring about another 10 to 15 HP, but that still adds up to anywhere from 35 to 60.

Would an ECU reflash help bring these numbers up?
Old 04-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #4
Mattr762
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31624
Vehicle:
02 WRX White
uppipe, turbo-back, MBC

Whoo there gonzosquirrel! You have been mis-informed about the upipe Hp increase. It's more like 5-10 whp.

Samco intercooler hoses = 3hp
GoFastBits under drive pulleys = 3hp
GoFastBits MBC set to 15.5 psi (max in 4th gear) = 15hp (not sure)
K&N panel filter (with silencer removal) = 0hp
Perrin uppipe = 8hp (average)
Prodrive axle-back = 8hp

Total = 37whp increase

Don't believe alot of the advertised HP that you see on many webpages. They show the largest horsepower gain at any given RPM range instead of peak horsepower.

Example: The famous Cat-back comparison shows both. While HKS has the highest HP peak increase of 11.1 hp people look at the Blitz at having more more because it has the largest HP gain at 13.9 hp @ 4400 rpm.

And Yes an ECU reflash would really help your car, but you would want to elimate the MBC.
Mattr762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 02:52 PM   #5
Billy_H
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34047
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Silver

Agreed, alot of the advertised numbers are gaines with tuning.....go get it tuned, I think you will like it alot better.
Billy_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 03:53 PM   #6
gonzosquirrel
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 Fozzy XT
Cobb Stage 2

"Whoo there gonzosquirrel! You have been mis-informed about the upipe Hp increase. It's more like 5-10 whp."

I know...I was talking about crank HP. Most advertisements use the crank HP figure to make it sound like it is more than it really is.

Think about it..."add 30 HP to your WRX!!!" or "ad 8 WHP to your WRX!!!"...which one sings better?

37 total WHP sounds about right, which would mean about 60 crank HP.

Thanks for the help folks. I am saving up for one of the ecutek reflashes. I actually am closing on a new house this week, so it will have to wait a few months.