Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
SoFloWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479612
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default 2018 WRX exhaust

what is the loudest cat-back system on the market that sounds good?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SoFloWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
Pghwrx18
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479325
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloWRX View Post
what is the loudest cat-back system on the market that sounds good?
I have the ETS 4" it gets pretty loud but I believe the Tomai (sp) is the loudest. I can be stood corrected but that's just to my knowledge.
Pghwrx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
wrbrexx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461037
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2016 Subaru
World Rally Blue

Default

Tomei.
wrbrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:50 AM   #4
anader
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440470
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: chicago
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
white

Default Louder

Louder than ets extreme cbe?
anader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:15 AM   #5
pep_meister
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 475431
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

i like the way mr r400 sounds but it is not loud at all. if the N1 is a louder r400 id go with that
pep_meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
vlad11591
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295970
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
ISM

Default

I want to use this thread to piggy back of OP,

I'm looking for something middle ground. I was looking at the ETS quiet/ Extreme ..... will these fit snug to the Stock DP?

Also looking at Injen CBE

I guess my question is can 3 inch piping CBE fit to stock downpipe?
vlad11591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
ifearnoevo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 475635
Join Date: Oct 2017
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Bern NC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad11591 View Post
I want to use this thread to piggy back of OP,

I'm looking for something middle ground. I was looking at the ETS quiet/ Extreme ..... will these fit snug to the Stock DP?

Also looking at Injen CBE

I guess my question is can 3 inch piping CBE fit to stock downpipe?
I have the injen on my 16 sti the flange is slotted to bolt up to the oem downpipe might wanna use some copper spray on it or something though. I didn't like how it looked so I ran a grimmspeed adapter to ensure it didn't leak
ifearnoevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #8
vlad11591
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295970
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifearnoevo View Post
I have the injen on my 16 sti the flange is slotted to bolt up to the oem downpipe might wanna use some copper spray on it or something though. I didn't like how it looked so I ran a grimmspeed adapter to ensure it didn't leak
thanks for the feedback. How does the Injen sound on the sti? I did some research and it seems like its one of the louder ones on the market. Decibels as high as 97, with some highway drone.
vlad11591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #9
ifearnoevo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 475635
Join Date: Oct 2017
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Bern NC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Wrb

Default

It's noticable that's for sure and has some drone but man it sounds fantastic to me anyway I have a friend with the nameless muffler deletes and it's about half as loud as those cruising. I wouldn't trade mine even with the drone just because it sounds so good. However if you do buy it and run the grimmspeed adapter I would highly recommend some adjustable exhaust hangers the adapter pushes the whole system back just far enough to get really close to the driveshaft and to make the passenger side tips sit a little bit higher than the drivers side. I used adjustable exhaust hangers the ones with like 5 holes and corrected the tips and pulled the exhaust away from the driveshaft with them. However I don't think you will have any issues if you don't run the adapter.
ifearnoevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #10
vlad11591
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295970
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifearnoevo View Post
It's noticable that's for sure and has some drone but man it sounds fantastic to me anyway I have a friend with the nameless muffler deletes and it's about half as loud as those cruising. I wouldn't trade mine even with the drone just because it sounds so good. However if you do buy it and run the grimmspeed adapter I would highly recommend some adjustable exhaust hangers the adapter pushes the whole system back just far enough to get really close to the driveshaft and to make the passenger side tips sit a little bit higher than the drivers side. I used adjustable exhaust hangers the ones with like 5 holes and corrected the tips and pulled the exhaust away from the driveshaft with them. However I don't think you will have any issues if you don't run the adapter.
Yea, I don't know if im looking for something too loud. I just don't want unwanted attention, and in jersey, cops are ruthless
vlad11591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
ifearnoevo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 475635
Join Date: Oct 2017
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Bern NC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Wrb

Default

No doubt you might wanna steer towards an r400 or something of that nature then because it is pretty noticable
ifearnoevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #12
Sush_Daddy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 482507
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2008 Outback Sport
Silver

Default

My friend's got an STI magnaflow quad exit on his wrx and it sounds pretty nice
Sush_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.