Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > NASIOC Project Cars

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 141043
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 STI
black af

Default MAPerformance 2015 WRX Build-O-Rama

******MAPerformance 2015 WRX Project******

Hey everyone! This thread is going to be dedicated to the product development, and product testing for the 2015/16 WRX. A few weeks ago I decided to pull the trigger on one, and let our guys have some fun with it! We have been away from NASIOC for quite some time, but we are back! I have always been a Subaru fan, and really pushed the importance of this community.

First thing is first. As car guys and gals, we can't help but wonder what kind of rear world power these cars put down. After two days of ownership and a fresh tank of 93, we put it on the rollers to get our baseline numbers. As you can see, it's clear that the stock tune leaves much to be desired. I am sure most 2015 owners already know what I am speaking about. Up at the higher RPM range, above 5200 or so, the ECU seems to be pulling some timing, resulting in a pretty big drop in power up top. This can really be felt on the road, but also visually can be seen on the dyno sheet. So first and foremost, I want to get that fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSd944cd7zc

First order of business was getting a Cobb Accessport in my hands, and flash it with their OTS map. With their stage 1 93 oct OTS map, immediately the knocking issues from the factory have been addressed. Notice how more power we picked up at the exact point where we were loosing power. This really kept the power band much smoother, and actually pulled much stronger up top as well.

Now that we know the Cobb OTS maps work, it's time to see what more we can squeeze out of it. As of now, the car is completely stock, from the intake, intercooler, charge pipes, exhaust, and BOV. We had some time Friday to begin our custom tune. So far with just playing around with the boost settings only, we picked up some pretty good power. Still running pretty rich, no cam timing or ignition timing has been adjusted either. We plan to have our custom tune wrapped up by Wednesday. Here is the current tune as it sits:

MAP tune vs stock run:

Stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited by maperformance; 08-10-2015 at 07:29 PM.
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links