Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 20, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #1
ab0815
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464530
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Ice Silver

Default 6.5" headunit reset

I was listening to a podacst on my way home from work yesterday morning. When I went to go to the grocery ALL of my presets were deleted, the buttons said "initializing FM". Has anyone ever had this happen before?
ab0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
ctsracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353403
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 Premium
Carbide Gray Metallic

Default Same Here!

I noticed this morning that all my presets were gone also with the "Initialing FM" message on all the preset icons. The dealer had the car the day before to fix my "rattle" but I don't believe they disconnected the battery. I'll ask the dealer next week, I have a one-on-one with their "expert" to answer any question I have.
ctsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #3
ctsracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353403
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 Premium
Carbide Gray Metallic

Default No Expert

Well I met with the Subaru person and he hadn't even heard of the station reset issue. I had explained that it occurred twice already but of course it worked while we were in the car. I demonstrated to him how the Android Auto app worked and how I select between two MP3 players, then unplugged my phone from USB and how everything still worked via Bluetooth. Interestingly, when I got back into the car, the presets were all erased with the "initializing FM" messages on the buttons. I went back inside and he witnessed that the had reset. Weirder situation yet, I drove away and hit the fast forward button (I normally use that to tune radio to next station - not scan) and the 3 pages that contain the preset stations just started scrolling continuously. I went back to the dealership and again he witnessed this new issue. He actually took a video of the screen scrolling and said he was going to send the video to Subaru. I told him this was unacceptable if I had to keep resetting the stations. I told him to prepare upgrading my radio to teh 8 inch model if they can't fix this in a reasonable time.
ctsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:40 AM   #4
ab0815
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464530
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsracer View Post
Well I met with the Subaru person and he hadn't even heard of the station reset issue. I had explained that it occurred twice already but of course it worked while we were in the car. I demonstrated to him how the Android Auto app worked and how I select between two MP3 players, then unplugged my phone from USB and how everything still worked via Bluetooth. Interestingly, when I got back into the car, the presets were all erased with the "initializing FM" messages on the buttons. I went back inside and he witnessed that the had reset. Weirder situation yet, I drove away and hit the fast forward button (I normally use that to tune radio to next station - not scan) and the 3 pages that contain the preset stations just started scrolling continuously. I went back to the dealership and again he witnessed this new issue. He actually took a video of the screen scrolling and said he was going to send the video to Subaru. I told him this was unacceptable if I had to keep resetting the stations. I told him to prepare upgrading my radio to teh 8 inch model if they can't fix this in a reasonable time.
I know this is bumping an old thread...but what ever came of this?
ab0815 is offline   Reply With Quote