Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-29-2001, 02:06 PM   #1
Surboo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8721
Vehicle:
1999 2.5 RS
Rally Blue

Question Suggestions ?

I am looking for some more power in my 99 RS. Crrently I have Borla Exhaust, S-AFC, Underdrive pulley, and a K&N Cone filter. I do not neccesarily want a huge increase in power(Though I wouldnt mind) I am curious what relativly easy N/A mods (No headwork) could I do to get a noticable power increase? Would headers or a new, more complete intake be worthwhile? Or would I be better off just saving my money and going for a small turbo later on. Thanks for your help.
-Brandon
Surboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2001, 02:17 PM   #2
DanzBorin
Subaru Bounty Hunter

Member#: 7131
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2015 Outback - Croc
Dundee Edition Ice Silver

If you are disciplined enough, save up for the turbo, but done correctly, you are looking at $6-8000. Gotta buy the turbo, new engine management, lower compression ratio, new exhaust (at least 2.5", 3 is better). That will be a big power gainer. If not, get an intake. I can get you instructions to convert cobb intake for the MAF, or you can talk to Larry Ganz about his weapon R conversion, which has the PRM filter like the Cobb. This filter is awesome, and will give you around 7-10hp and pull all the way from idle to redline smoothly!

Headers are nice if you don't want to turbo down the line...

Rob
DanzBorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:18 PM   #3
IggDawg
Celebrity Guest Star

Member#: 10648
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 Acura TL
Wicked Black

Headers seem like the next step for you. Don't know if it would really be worth the $$$ unless you're real serious. I'm saving up for a turbo myself. EJ25 + turbo = . about 5-6K for a complete Vishnu system. yee haw. still, if you've got a couple hundred bucks to blow, go with the headers. Also, engine and tranny mounts help out, I've heard. less drivetrain flex should make it feel more solid and a little more responsive.

-IggDawg
IggDawg is offline   Reply With Quote