Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 23, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-14-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
Angel23
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 464156
Default Invidia n1 race review

Car: 2016 wrx 6 speed with an maperformance tune. Oem down pipe

Scale for comparison
Stock 1 out of 10
Muffler deletes 10 out of 10
My muffler deletes were not that loud, but just giving a range of sound assuming they are the loudest option on an otherwise stock wrx.

Invidia N1 race single exit:
Installed yesterday before the blizzard. Very easy install, fitment was very good. Less than 30 mins to install on rhino Ramps.

Sound: It is loud, but nothing crazy on the stock downpipe. Coming from gm LSx series cars, I don't find it to be overly loud. I would say a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Nice deep sound down low, and really opens up after 3500 rpm. Very pleased with the sound and has more of a deep tone then the buzzing that many 4 cylinders produce. Slight/moderate highway drone is to be expected. Interior volume gets much louder after 3500 rpm. Cold starts were audible, but quickly mellows out as car warms up. You always know the exhaust is there.

Appearance: The blue tip looks great and I am a fan of the single exit look.

Invidia q300 single exit

Sound: deep, mellow hum. Opens up around 4K but otherwise maintains stock sound levels. I would say a 3 out of 10 volume wise with stock being a 1. Great stock alternative and someone planning to go stage 2 without waking the neighbors.
Little drone, just a little more than the stock system. You can hear the exhaust from the cabin only with the radio off during normal driving. Very quiet on start up. It was just a little too quiet for my taste.

Appearance: Definately different. I haven't seen many 15-16 with a single exit that wasn't a canister. Looks similar to the oem single exit factory exhaust from sti's in past years, except with a slightly bigger tip and shine.

Nameless muffler deletes (axleback)

Sound: great idle. After the car warms up it was not overly bearing, obviously loud but once again nothing crazy. Since my scale is from oem to straight pipes, the nameless is a 10. Loud in lower rpms, but after 4K it seems like from the cabin the sound kinda fades away unlike the n1 which gets louder.
The muffler deletes sound ok, but in my opinion they are just noise. Not deep and didn't really have a tone....just loud. Sounds in the upper rpm range from outside the car were very raspy and high pitched. The pops and burbles on shifts were very nice tho. Very cheap (under $300) and kept me happy until I bought a cat back. Install and removal can be done in 20 mins without ramps.

Appearance: bad...but this was MY FAULT. Without mufflers the rear fascia looks very empty so make sure you go with larger tips. I went with quad 3in single wall tips and was never happy with the look.

I'll try to post pics soon.
Angel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links