Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-02-2000, 10:54 AM   #1
Delverius
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1122
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS NA
Blueridge Dirty

Thumbs up Auto-X in Idaho

For anyone in the area who wants to Race . . . There is an Auto-X on the 7th here in Boise and another 2 Day special event on the 20th and 21st at the Pocatello Airport. For further information/recorded message . . .call the Sport Car Hotline @ (208)-323-7876. I will most likely go to the Pocatello event. Anyone interested in going . . .let me know so we can hook up.

-Del
Delverius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2000, 11:35 AM   #2
Jaxx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 177
Vehicle:
The 93 W/EJ20K-sold
Subaru-less :(

7th sunday sure.. will i need saftey equipment?

-jw

where is it at?

edit -neeeeed spellcheck

[This message has been edited by Jaxx (edited May 02, 2000).]
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2000, 01:57 PM   #3
gameboy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 657
howdy,

if this is a SCCA sanctioned auto-x, the only saftey equipment you'll need is a helmet (and of course a working seatbelt). unfortunately, you can't simply use a cycling helmet. SCCA requires the hemet be either SA95 or M95 certified. most motorcycle helmets are and can be picked up for around $80. your local club should have loaner helmets avaliable so you don't need to go out and buy one (unless you really want to).
also, you'll need to clean EVERYTHING out of your car that's not bolted down (ie. loose trash, trunk monkeys , etc) in the passenger compartment and trunk.
autox is a great way to learn how well your car handles and the limits of your own skill. highly recommended you try at least once! have fun!
gameboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2000, 12:24 AM   #4
Delverius
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS NA
Blueridge Dirty

Smile

I will not be able to attend the one on the 7th . . .but I will be going to the one on the 20th in Pocatello.

The Sport Car Hotline has all the information listed . . .From what I recall . . registartion is at 8:45 A.M. at some Railroad Depot or something near Federal Way just off of Apple. Don't know about the safety equipment but I heard that you nead to wear a helmet for SCCA events and I believe this is sanctioned by the SCCA. I think they have helmets you can borrow. Not sure though. You can pick up a descent used Bike helmet for like 20-30 bucks though. Call the number for more info.

[This message has been edited by Delverius (edited May 02, 2000).]
Old 05-08-2000, 08:16 AM   #5
Jaxx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 177
Vehicle:
The 93 W/EJ20K-sold
Subaru-less :(

went to the auto-x sunday.. damit now i am hooked but i must have differnt tires befor the next one re-92s BLOW!!! (you are not suppose-to drive on the sidewall) stil got third out of 7

-still grinning
-jw

del -
the next close one is at mtn home AFB on the cement on the 6-17/18
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2000, 07:44 AM   #6
Delverius
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS NA
Blueridge Dirty

Thumbs up

I'm there Dude. If you have more info . . keep me posted.

I got the killer tires now so I'm ready!!!

-Del