Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday November 25, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
Skeetzy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289928
Default TPMS Swapping / ATEQ Quickset - 15 WRX/12 Legacy

So I just purchased two sets of winter rims/tires for mine and my GF's cars. Both have been used previously on Subaru's, so I want to say the TPMS are already "activated". However, I am unsure of this process, as I've never owned a car with TPMS before. I want to say all I need to do is flash the ECU with the new TPMS codes, using the ATEQ Quickset, and I should be good to go. However, I'm unsure if I'll need another tool to "wake" the TPMS sensors. I watched a video that mentioned this, and now I'm concerned I will need two tools to do the swaps everytime.

I found the thread from 2014 where the 2015 WRX and ATEQ Quickset were being discussed. It was determined that you had to use the 2014 Impreza profile. I saw that in Feb' 2016, ATEQ updated the supported vehicles to include up to 2016 WRX STi, so I'm hoping this will work.

So I guess my real questions are, will the ATEQ Quickset be enough to swap the tires come snowfall? I have the TPMS codes from both new sets of rims, but not the current rims. Will this be an issue? Can I pull the current codes from the ECU with the Quickset before swapping?

Thanks all!
Skeetzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Skeetzy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289928

Contacted Tire Rack with my question, forgetting how awesome their customer service is. Got the answer directly from them.

For anyone who stumbles across this thread:

1) Once the sensors are "Awake"/"Activated", you will only need the ATEQ Quickset to swap wheels. Another tool is required if they haven't had this done already.
2) You need a tire shop to pull the codes off of any TPMS that you don't already have.
Skeetzy is offline   Reply With Quote