Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday February 21, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-11-2016, 12:45 AM   #1
EagleTalonHermit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 452273
Default Help with 95 legacy 2.2 engine in 2008 impreza 2.5 L body

Hello. I had posted this in the newbie section but I was short on engough replies to be able to post in the correct section.
I know most people go the other way or use same years but that wasnt an option for me. I will post my old post here and then the next post will be an update.
" I blew the engine in my 2008 impreza and was struggling to find an engine to swap. I ended up finding a legacy lsi for 100 bucks so I bought that to swap in.
Engine has been swapped and car is driving alright. The list of things changed are as follows:
2.5 cam gears and crank for timing
custom timing belt that is a hybrid between a 2.5 and a 2.2
Slight tune with EcuFlash
Custom fuel lines.
My question to you guys is where should I start fine tuning the tune. Im not sure what the differences of the ROM maps from the 22 to the 25 are. I am using the 22 injectors but the 25 ecu, rototiller body and most sensors. The car runs and drive but is a little sluggish and sounds like a slight misfire. Also there is no variable valve on the 22 and I was wondering how much that would affect timing maps or fuel maps. Sorry for all the questions I am a DSM guy and not familiar with subaru as much.
Thanks again"
EagleTalonHermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2016, 12:48 AM   #2
EagleTalonHermit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 452273

The updates are as follows. I currently have the injector size and latency corrected and it is now running a lot better. The problems I am currently facing are issues with electrical timing and variable valve timing as this engine doesnt have the same timing or variable valves.
The next problem I seem to be having is the idle works sometimes and other times it just will randomly die.
I forgot to add that it does have the 2.5 electric throttle body.
Thanks for any help
EagleTalonHermit is offline   Reply With Quote