Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 17, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
AWD_FTW93
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 179968
Default question about my swap

i have a 1995 impreza L with the 1.8 in it. i just bought from a good friend of mine a 2.5 out of his 1998 2.5RS. i have the full motor and the ecu. its obviously be needing the 2.5 engine wiring harness. and i also know that i need to upgrade my clutch since i am using my 1.8 tranny. now one question i have is, i know that the 2.2 clutch fits my tranny. but will the 2.2 clutch handle the power of that RS engine. my other question is. are there going to be any other problems that i'm going to run into with this swap? any and all info is greatly appreciated.
AWD_FTW93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
ciper
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15543
Vehicle:
90BJ Legacy LS ABS
AWD 946 Rio Red Jpn built

IIRC the clutch from your 2.2 will be the same as the 2.5 with regards to size and function. I doubt either has the original disk so there is no way to know which has more gripping force (it could go either way).

Why can't you get the engine harness from the original car?
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
AWD_FTW93
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 179968

i am going from a 1.8 harness from a 95 to a 2.5 from a 98. i'm going from obd1 to obd2. there would be more wire splicing than what i would want to deal with. it will easier to just get the 2.5 harness that way it will be for the most part plug and play
AWD_FTW93 is offline   Reply With Quote