Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 26, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
mntbikr15
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 106988
Default PA: Silver 05 STi, 50k miles 18k OBO

Hi guys,

I am selling my 2005 STi. The car is silver and is stock except for the stereo (which will only be included for more money) and having painted the dash parts black.

Bought the car from a dealer with 5k miles in Oct of 05...promptly slid it off the road and took out a stop sign and light pole. No major damage but lots of cosmetics that were taken care of by Reliable Auto Body in Allentown. Got the car back a couple months later like new.

The car is in perfect mechanical shape. Not so great cosmetic shape....Ive spent some time having fun in the gravel and its led to rock chipped rims, chipped paint, and a fairly beat up front bumper (however it doesnt show it except up close).

Interior is in good shape.

Ive just typed it out and realized that I by mistake deleted the pictures I had on my camera. Ill post a few that I have of the chipping taking place and take more of the car nice and clean later this weekend.

The car has a hair over 50k miles. Oil has been changed every 3-4k and all tune ups have been done by Becker Subaru in Allentown. I put new tires on maybe 5-6k miles ago. They are Nokain WR tires. Have done no rallying or stupid driving with them since I have been planning on selling the car.

The stereo has an Eclipse double din DVD/Nav screen, and an infinity amp/speakers (I believe, will have to check). Total system cost about 3k plus a few hundred for install. Havent yet decided what I would want included in the price to leave it in. We can work that out if you are interested. If not I have the whole stock system to put back.

The car has a viper car alarm. Believe the model is 5900. Here is a link

http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=103

Was installed by a friend though and isnt wired into the stock system. Remote start isnt set up. Will include this at no extra cost.

Blue book for car in car in good condition is 19.8k and fair is 18k. Since Im fairly sure the condition of my car falls somewhere in between the two Im going to start the price at 18,000 OBO. I had also been offered 18k for this as a trade when looking at cars a few months ago. Nothing but a couple thousand miles has changed. Stereo to be negotiated. The car also has a Thule roof rack with two fork mount bike racks and a ski rack. Assuming you have any interest I would leave this on for a few hundred dollars more.

Location is Allentown PA.

I can be contacted by email and windows messanger at [email protected]. AOL IM at mntbikr15. Also by phone at 610-730-4233.

More photos to follow in the next day or two.

Im sure Im forgetting lots of info people may want. So feel free to ask away.

Thanks,
Evan Decker-Spence

Last edited by mntbikr15; 06-13-2008 at 03:29 PM.
mntbikr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
rith
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 96153

uhm, those pictures probably will make everyone step very far away from this car.. good luck with selling your car though!
rith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
WORKZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 144329

probably not the best pictures to put up if your trying to sell a car haha, but anyways, nice car...
WORKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
CsTmWrX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 181594
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
98 Eclipse RS-T
Dark Greenish

Wow not very bright guy.......Can you say holy scratches??
CsTmWrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
WRXinVT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 167237
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbikr15 View Post
Hi guys,

I am selling my 2005 STi. The car is silver and is stock except for the stereo (which will only be included for more money) and having painted the dash parts black.

Bought the car from a dealer with 5k miles in Oct of 05...promptly slid it off the road and took out a stop sign and light pole. No major damage but lots of cosmetics that were taken care of by Reliable Auto Body in Allentown. Got the car back a couple months later like new.

The car is in perfect mechanical shape. Not so great cosmetic shape....Ive spent some time having fun in the gravel and its led to rock chipped rims, chipped paint, and a fairly beat up front bumper (however it doesnt show it except up close).

Interior is in good shape.

Ive just typed it out and realized that I by mistake deleted the pictures I had on my camera. Ill post a few that I have of the chipping taking place and take more of the car nice and clean later this weekend.

The car has a hair over 50k miles. Oil has been changed every 3-4k and all tune ups have been done by Becker Subaru in Allentown. I put new tires on maybe 5-6k miles ago. They are Nokain WR tires. Have done no rallying or stupid driving with them since I have been planning on selling the car.

The stereo has an Eclipse double din DVD/Nav screen, and an infinity amp/speakers (I believe, will have to check). Total system cost about 3k plus a few hundred for install. Havent yet decided what I would want included in the price to leave it in. We can work that out if you are interested. If not I have the whole stock system to put back.

The car has a viper car alarm. Believe the model is 5900. Here is a link

http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=103

Was installed by a friend though and isnt wired into the stock system. Remote start isnt set up. Will include this at no extra cost.

Blue book for car in car in good condition is 19.8k and fair is 18k. Since Im fairly sure the condition of my car falls somewhere in between the two Im going to start the price at 18,000 OBO. I had also been offered 18k for this as a trade when looking at cars a few months ago. Nothing but a couple thousand miles has changed. Stereo to be negotiated. The car also has a Thule roof rack with two fork mount bike racks and a ski rack. Assuming you have any interest I would leave this on for a few hundred dollars more.

Location is Allentown PA.

I can be contacted by email and windows messanger at [email protected]. AOL IM at mntbikr15. Also by phone at 610-730-4233.

More photos to follow in the next day or two.

Im sure Im forgetting lots of info people may want. So feel free to ask away.

Thanks,
Evan Decker-Spence
wow I had to show my mom those bad pics...she laughed and said good look selling with those pics
WRXinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
luckyDPT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 94976
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'08 M3 and '04 FXT
Black

Default .ttt

Free bump for a local Lehigh Valley suby fan.
Not the best selling pic's but a fair price for the car.
At least you had a blast with it!!!
Thats what The STI's are all about.
G/L with the sale man!!!
luckyDPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
mntbikr15
Scooby Newbie

Meh, the pics are until I get better ones. Had them taken but got deleted off the camera.

You guys may think its a bad idea...and perhaps it is...however I dont want to misrepresent the car at all. It would last only as long as it took someone to see it up close. Pictures or no pictures its clear from the chips that it was used like that.

If I list the car at closer to what it would be worth without such use and someone comes to see it and say wtf....where am I. If I list the car at 18k without explaining it people say wtf....and where am I. So in the interest of full disclousure I posted those pics.

I can count on my hands the number of times the car was used for something like this and it was never for very long. At the times I did it i had thought I would never get rid of the car. A fiance, a dog, and the multiple road trips that we take have now dictated otherwise. I will obviously pay a hefty price for my short lived fun....however I dont regret it at all.

As I said there the car is in perfect mechanical shape and anyone is welcome to get it checked out. To anyone who wants a great deal on a mechanically perfect STi I dont think the pictures would matter once they see it.

To look like new the car would require a new paint job and new wheels. I think that is reflected in the price.

The price is OBO as well....if I put up pics of the damage and people dont think its fair Ill adjust it.

-Evan

Last edited by mntbikr15; 06-13-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
mntbikr15
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXinVT View Post
wow I had to show my mom those bad pics...she laughed and said good look selling with those pics
Wow really...thats so cute...you drive a 97 nissan maxima (edit..and bother to put it in ur sig....lol), live with your mother, and post on a subaru forum...

try getting out more
Old 11-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
davejrob
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 297564
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza wrx sti
Black

^ LOL LOL LOL.

Anyways, wanna sell me just the roof rack?
davejrob is offline   Reply With Quote