Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 19, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
the12
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 182223
Vehicle:
03 2.5rs
white

Default autopartswarehouse.com

well, i am a new suby owner, i ordered my first part from auto parts warehouse(http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/)
i well never, and i repeat EVER order anything from these ppl.
i have not experienced such a run-a-round from any company before.
i ordered an K+N, CAI, it ended up being the wrong part(my fault or thiers, dont know) reguardless it does not fit.
on monday. while on the phone, they asked me dumb questions. why is it the wrong part? whats wrong with the part? what is the make model year VIN of your car? WHAT? who cares. even if its the right part, its unused, not broken. THE PART IS NOT MADE FOR MY CAR. how is that hard to understand.
wednesday, same bs in the email they sent me, that i needed to elaborate why its the wrong part(IMO i think that is pretty self eplanatory). i called, SAME, BS. at this point i am gettin frustrated, all i want is the right part.
i call, thier system is down, they said they would call me back. what do you know no call. another email asking for the information i had already givin them, part # order# etc.
now its thursday, i call, SAME BS. so i ask to speak to a manager, i told him i thought this was ridiculous, that its this difficult, he said,"that was my opinion". i asked him if he had a boss, and he blew me off, and told me i had to wait another 48 hours for another email.
I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THEM.
the12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Drakuun
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 92774
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'02 2.5 RS
Platinum Silver Metallic

I'm not saying I agree with the shop, they should refund your order or give you the right part. But...if this pleading is any example of how you handle it with them you're not doing yourself any favors.

I'd guess that, you got a CIA for the turbo engine, or an engine with MAF instead of MAP.
Being an RS owner myself, I gave up on Intakes for my car ('02 RS w/ MAP.) as
they are few and far between and kinda worthless as a performance upgrade for an RS anyways.

GL!
Drakuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
the12
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
03 2.5rs
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakuun View Post
I'm not saying I agree with the shop, they should refund your order or give you the right part. But...if this pleading is any example of how you handle it with them you're not doing yourself any favors.

I'd guess that, you got a CIA for the turbo engine, or an engine with MAF instead of MAP.
Being an RS owner myself, I gave up on Intakes for my car ('02 RS w/ MAP.) as
they are few and far between and kinda worthless as a performance upgrade for an RS anyways.

GL!
i have learned this...
Old 06-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Jonathan
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 4021
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the12 View Post
On Monday, while on the phone, they asked me dumb questions. Why is it the wrong part? Whats wrong with the part? What is the make model year VIN of your car? WHAT? Who cares. Even if its the right part, its unused, not broken.
Who cares ? Obviously they care.

If you are returning the part because it is "wrong", they want to know why it is wrong and where they screwed up. Please understand that in this situation they are likely "eating" the picking, packing, and shipping charges (both ways), and unless they are charging you a monster "restocking charge", they aren't making any money on this.

Giving them this detailed information will help them improve upon their order and shipping processes so that future sales to customers with your type of vehicle will run more smoothly and hopefully in the future when someone like you orders this part for this same make and model car the "correct" part gets shipped out.

Clearly this company is striving for excellence, and you don't seem to understand your roll as a customer is to help them out to the best of your abilities.

If I were an employee of this company I wouldn't want to refund you your money or issue a Returned Goods Authorization unless you were to explain in more detail why your part is "wrong". I don't say this to be obnoxious, I am saying this because it is a good business practice to require these procedures be followed. Companies that continually ship the "wrong" parts out, generally do not stay in business very long.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
the12
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
03 2.5rs
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Who cares ? Obviously they care.

If you are returning the part because it is "wrong", they want to know why it is wrong and where they screwed up. Please understand that in this situation they are likely "eating" the picking, packing, and shipping charges (both ways), and unless they are charging you a monster "restocking charge", they aren't making any money on this.

Giving them this detailed information will help them improve upon their order and shipping processes so that future sales to customers with your type of vehicle will run more smoothly and hopefully in the future when someone like you orders this part for this same make and model car the "correct" part gets shipped out.

Clearly this company is striving for excellence, and you don't seem to understand your roll as a customer is to help them out to the best of your abilities.

If I were an employee of this company I wouldn't want to refund you your money or issue a Returned Goods Authorization unless you were to explain in more detail why your part is "wrong". I don't say this to be obnoxious, I am saying this because it is a good business practice to require these procedures be followed. Companies that continually ship the "wrong" parts out, generally do not stay in business very long.
allow me to help you better understand the situation.
my VIN# is not needed to refund this item.
since i pay for the shipping cost back to the manufacture, your right they are not making any money, witch they should not, cause i am not recieving anything.
the item is listed as fitting my car. it does not. when i call to recieve an exchange or refund, regurardless if it fits or not as long as the item is not damaged, there should be no,"gauntlet", for this process.
the most important element to C/S is the ability to communicate. when the phrase,"wrong part"(self-explanatory) is used, lets assume too long,too short, too big, and too small. all apply.
when asked these questions over and over again, without any progress, the feeling of being ignored increases, causing frustration. after several days making no progress, that is bad C/S
C/S is pinnacle, for any good company, to retain service.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
subaru3169
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (49)

Member#: 55252
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
* pullup bar *

if the op paid for something from a website that was specifically for his car by clicking on it, he should have gotten the correct part.. i'm gonna side with the op on this one, i don't understand why it's so difficult

when i received wrong parts<which is pretty rare>, i simply call back and say "hey it's the wrong one.. take this back and send me another one, kthxbai" and it's over and done with

explanation or not, the fact of the matter is that the part received was incorrect
subaru3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
the12
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
03 2.5rs
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru3169 View Post
if the op paid for something from a website that was specifically for his car by clicking on it, he should have gotten the correct part.. i'm gonna side with the op on this one, i don't understand why it's so difficult

when i received wrong parts<which is pretty rare>, i simply call back and say "hey it's the wrong one.. take this back and send me another one, kthxbai" and it's over and done with

explanation or not, the fact of the matter is that the part received was incorrect
i agree.
the fact that this should be so simple and it took 5 days to get a email with the return info is what made it frustrating, then being blown off gets to me.
i am simply trying to safe others time
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
ElBartoRex
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (8)

Member#: 33899
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Focus ST
TB

I understand your frustration, but keep in mind-- a lot of people try to cheat and lie to get refunds on parts that they either dont want anymore broke trying to install. They have to make sure that you actually legitimately got the wrong part before they just take it back with open arms. The VIN# doesn't have anything to do with it unless, perhaps, there was a hardware change on earlier or later VIN#s that would account for the incorrect part getting sent.

or the could have been using the VIN# as verification that you actually bought the part for the right car.

sales people not calling back is unacceptable though.
ElBartoRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
Jonathan
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the12 View Post
Allow me to help you better understand the situation. My VIN# is not needed to refund this item. Since I pay for the shipping cost back to the manufacture, your right they are not making any money, which they should not, because i am not receiving anything. The item is listed as fitting my car. It does not. When I call to receive an exchange or refund, regardless if it fits or not as long as the item is not damaged, there should be no, "gauntlet", for this process.

The most important element to C/S is the ability to communicate. When the phrase,"wrong part" (self-explanatory) is used, lets assume too long, too short, too big, and too small. All apply. When asked these questions over and over again, without any progress, the feeling of being ignored increases, causing frustration. After several days making no progress, that is bad C/S. C/S is pinnacle, for any good company, to retain service.
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) tells the vendor specific information about your car. If (hypothetically speaking) you claim you have a 2003 Subaru Impreza RS and the VIN tells the supplier that your car is actually a 2004, then that could be a possible explanation as to why your part doesn't fit.
Quote:
My VIN# is not needed to refund this item.
Clearly for the purposes of authorizing a return this company REQUIRES certain information such as your VIN. You don't tell them what is or is not required. That is not how businesses operate. By refusing to deal with them, you are just wasting their time. Neither you nor the company that supplied you to "wrong" part is going to ever be happy with the outcome.

This place clearly wants to understand WHY what ever parts you ordered from their web site do not fit. I.E. WHY they are the wrong parts. It may well transpire that their web site was/is in fact "wrong", and in that case they need to correct their web site. Maybe some "dunce" picked the wrong part ? Who knows ? Until you take the time to cooperatively answer their questions, they for sure don't know.

Failure to provide a vendor with enough background information should be sufficient grounds to not be issued a returned goods authorization. Play by their rules, and they will treat you fairly, but bitch at them and don't give them the information they request ?

I am sorry, but I honestly think you are getting the treatment reserved for uncooperative / difficult customers. I doubt they want your business anymore.

Communication is a two way street, my friend. The Customer Service rep is asking you simple questions and not receiving a satisfactory answer from you. Not only are they NOT making any money from you, but if they accept the return they are loosing money. Asking for your VIN and asking why a part you ordered is "wrong" do not constitute poor customer service, and they are not examples of a "gauntlet". These are only simple basic questions that need to be answered in order for their processes to work.

These places are generally more than willing to accept an occasional error on "wrong parts", but they have no desire to be in the business of continuously eating the costs of these errors with out learning from the experience.

Last edited by Jonathan; 06-21-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #10
Jonathan
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru3169 View Post
When I receive wrong parts <which is pretty rare>, I simply call back and say "Hey it's the wrong one... take this back and send me another one, Okay, thanx, bye" and it's over and done with.
Its not that simple.

In order to send you another one, they need to first understand WHY the first part they shipped was "the wrong one". Sure, if it is somehow a defective part, and shipping another of the exact same part will rectify the situation they they will indeed gladly exchange the defective part with one that isn't defective.

Very few vendors are willing to go 'round and 'round this way with out first understanding whats wrong, why it is wrong, and knowing what needs to be done to get you the correct part. Just randomly sending parts out until you are satisfied isn't a smart way to stay in business.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
subaru3169
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (49)

Member#: 55252
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
* pullup bar *

ya i know what you're saying, jonathan.. in my past instances, it was the incorrect part#.. so it was very straightforward
subaru3169 is offline   Reply With Quote