Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 24, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
sililis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470464
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default New Serpentine Belt Options

Hello, I've got an '03 Impreza WRX with a JDM EJ20T engine, and want to change the belt due to the original belt not including the A/C unit. I would like to find a website or something of the sort to find out a price and a purchase option to get the belt, a Google search by myself yielded inadequate results that could point me in the right direction so I thought I would ask you folk! If I have not provided any information that is necessary please let me know, for I am new to working on a nice car(compared to a 93 geo metro....don't laugh). Thank you and help is appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sililis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:17 AM   #2
sililis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470464
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Going to post this on the tech forum...☺
sililis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:03 AM   #3
Unabomber
👏 Big Ron 👏
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

You have 3 belts on your car. Take your ass to any parts store and order them. Its not hard. Say you have an 03 WRX and order the alternator, AC, or timing belt hose. If you are having trouble ordering a belt, you might want to drop back and punt to a professional.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
sililis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470464
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
You have 3 belts on your car. Take your ass to any parts store and order them. Its not hard. Say you have an 03 WRX and order the alternator, AC, or timing belt hose. If you are having trouble ordering a belt, you might want to drop back and punt to a professional.
Thank you!
sililis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Charlie-III
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 30669
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: USA, North NJ, 07456
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
You have 3 belts on your car. Take your ass to any parts store and order them. Its not hard. Say you have an 03 WRX and order the alternator, AC, or timing belt hose. If you are having trouble ordering a belt, you might want to drop back and punt to a professional.
Since it's a JDM engine, car year & model won't really help.

Sililis, a lot of accessory belts for Subaru carry over. Why not take the old belt/belts with you and have them matched up?
You can take the AC belt off at home, then remove the PS/alternator belt at the parts store. The difference in price between local and online is not worth it, just buy local.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
sililis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470464
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Since it's a JDM engine, car year & model won't really help.

Sililis, a lot of accessory belts for Subaru carry over. Why not take the old belt/belts with you and have them matched up?
You can take the AC belt off at home, then remove the PS/alternator belt at the parts store. The difference in price between local and online is not worth it, just buy local.
What exactly do you mean by they carry over? I don't have the a/c belt at all, but if I take off the alternator belt would they be able to find a match for the a/c belt you are saying?
sililis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Charlie-III
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 30669
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: USA, North NJ, 07456
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

Default

Carry over as in used for multiple engines and years.
Iif the parts look like they are in the same spot as USDM engines, then you have a better chance of finding the correct belt.
Take tools, be ready to install belts in the parking lot. Get belts and ask if you can try them out.

For a number of USDM 2.5 & 2.2 NA's the AC belt is a 4PK0890.
The "4" is 4 ribs.
The 0890 is circumference in mm's IIRC
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #8
sililis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 470464
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Carry over as in used for multiple engines and years.
Iif the parts look like they are in the same spot as USDM engines, then you have a better chance of finding the correct belt.
Take tools, be ready to install belts in the parking lot. Get belts and ask if you can try them out.

For a number of USDM 2.5 & 2.2 NA's the AC belt is a 4PK0890.
The "4" is 4 ribs.
The 0890 is circumference in mm's IIRC
Okay I will be ready to change the belt out in the parking lot, thank you for your replies they helped out tremendously!
sililis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.