Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 22, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old Today, 04:53 PM   #1
renpretzels
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473158
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 JDM Impreza WRX
PSM (01G)

Default Tuning a 2002 JDM WRX??

Hey all, I finally hopped on the wagon and joined the Subie life. Iíve imported a 2002 Bugeye from Japan and it has been working flawlessly so far. Itís been super reliable and I love it. I do find sometimes that I does lack in power, got beat off the line by a 2017 Elantra gt the other day .

Right now she is bone stock and Iíve been looking into buying some parts for her. Getting the parts isnít the problem, but rather the tuning the ECU is. I donít want to slap parts on without tuning the ECU because of the chance of it running too lean or something. And I canít seem to find anything that helps me out with this. I canít seem to find any solution that supports a jdm ECU. I know that usdm cars have Cobbís accessport, but that doesnít support jdm. Iíve seen some mention of Tactrix and Vag-Com solutions, but I canít find info on which would be better. To make matters worse, I live in New Brunswick Canada where I canít seem to find any reputable tuning shops. The nearest is in Toronto, but thatís like a 15 hour drive away...

Hopefully the gurus of NASIOC can help me out! Thanks!
renpretzels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #2
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC

Lachute Performance is between Montreal and Ottawa. Yah, I know....still far. But I'd go there if I needed tuning in Canada.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote