Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 20, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
DeathSStar
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 202982
News Rally Innovations light bar workmanship *May edit*

I ordered a Rally Innovations light bar for my '08 OBS from 247motoring.com (part of Livesockets.com) with no problems whatsoever. Thuy was great to deal with and took the order with no problems. I was provided a tracking number when it shipped.

The problem with with the workmanship and quality of the bar and it's parts from RI. While the bar and all the parts were nicely wrapped in bubble wrap, there are a few gouges in the powercoat on the bar itself, the powdercoat is peeling on some of the brackets that mount behind the bumper. Also, the back of the lower bar is cut off at a weird angle and left open, which mean up here in the northern climate that salt and crap will get inside the tube and start eating away at it.

Even worse, two of the "L" shaped mounting studs broke...one before it even made it to the car. It snapped after falling on the concrete floor from waist height. Closer inspecting revealed that there was barely any weld visible and what was there was mostly grinded off prior to the powdercoating. I don't know if this par for the course, or a bad batch of mounting parts.

I am awaiting contact back from either/both vendors and will post the resolution once it is arrived at.

*edit* Here is a photo of what's left of the one that broke off in the bumper. The other piece is supposed to be welded to this, facing the camera. Lots of grinding marks, but no weld.

Last edited by DeathSStar; 05-13-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added photo
DeathSStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
[email protected]
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 182785
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru

I ordered the bar for my 2008 OBS too, and also had some issue w/ the bolts, and nicks in the powder coat. Vendor is sending me new bolt parts.
bfontana@india.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
DeathSStar
Scooby Newbie

Did you have to remove the lower bumper protector? It's looking like I will have to on mine for the bracket to clear.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
[email protected]
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 182785
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru

I had not gotten that far when my bolt broke, but if it's and issue I'll try some washers and see if I can scoot under.
bfontana@india.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
BProfessional
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 180883
Vehicle:
2011 Miata
Red

any updates on this guys? I just ordered the bar for my 08 WRX and I was curious what I was getting into.
BProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
DeathSStar
Scooby Newbie

RI has made a new mount for the bar that eliminates a lot of the foolishness of the original mounting system. Mine got delivered yesterday and I mounted it today. I will post photos later when I get a chance.

RI sent it to me for free to replace the broken pieces of the original design, so points to them for the follow-up customer service. It took a little longer than I would have expected, but this was a total re-design of the mount and they had some trial & error issues to work out before shipping them to customers. I am in contact with them regarding a couple of tweaks, but overall I am a lot happier with the new design.

If they ship the new design mount from now on, there will be a lot more satisfied customers.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
DeathSStar
Scooby Newbie

*post reserved for photos*