Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
dtl1218
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 126740
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2001 Swapped 2.5 RS
Blue

Default What would you do with these parts?

I have a 2004 EJ255 from a Forester XT that blew and I've torn it almost all the way apart. I had originally tried to fix this engine when I had the FXT since the head gasket blew and I figured the head had warped. Pulled it all apart, had the heads pressure checked and milled flat. Put it all back together with new parts and the block must have been warped, and I can now confirm that with the engine out and seeing the 'soot' where exhaust escaped into the block through coolant jackets around the cylinders. Plus there was a lot of blow-by and with getting the pistons out yesterday, there's evidence where a lot of the combustion went past the rings.

I have a swapped 2001 2.5 RS with all its donor parts from a 2002 WRX and now the EJ20 has 125,000 and is showing some of its age. Would it be better to rebuild the EJ255 with the 255 heads and not run the AVCS, or should I use the 2.0 heads? I plan on installing new rods and forged pistons, the car will be used for daily driving with the occasional rally appearance. I'd swap all performance parts over as well which is a FP 16g, sti topfeed pinks, exhaust, AP, etc. I do have a crappy header I had bought that I think is leaking and I will probably port the EJ255 exhaust manifolds and make a new crossover pipe and buy/make a new uppipe to install instead. I'd prefer to just rebuild it full EJ255 since that will be more simple to drop in and have less downtime on the RS, but if anyone can convince me otherwise, I'm open. I do plan to swap on the WRX intake to keep it simple as possible. After installed, it will be with the tuner for initial mapping.

Thanks,

David
dtl1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links