Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 14, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-19-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
XTR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474113
Vehicle:
06 OB XT

Question Sudden AFR Change O6 OBXT Stock

Daily Driver 06 OBXT 125k miles. Bone stock except for K/N filter.
Running 91 straight gas no ethanol.
My AFR using the basic Torque app normally reads somewhere between 14-15.5, sometimes 16.25.. No idea how accurate the AFR reading truly is,....

Today AFR pretty much sticking to 17-17.45... When boost kicks in, the AFR drops to low of 13ish depending on throttle position... No WOT, just cruise controlling the highway at 71 mph.

Ambient temp cooler, but I`ve driven in 50 deg F before without a drastic change in AFR from warmer temps..

Coolant temps the same.. 185 +-3

Runs good, smooth.. Much better MPG... Best mpg on this trip in the past is consistently 20-21 mpg. Same trip, same driving habits today got me 22.7 mpg. And today I was fully loaded with camping gear,78" load bars, with a mountain bike acting as a brake on the roof rack..

One thing I did notice though, from driving the same route repeatedly the last few months... Accelerating with cruise from 45-60 used to kick in really hard, fast acceleration.... Today, somewhat smoother/slower...

Thoughts??? I know just enough to be dangerous.........
XTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
WannaBJDM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474789

Maybe you have a vacuum leak somewhere thats pulling in more air which is showing your AFR is leaner? I wouldn't recommend boosting in lean conditions... very dangerous
WannaBJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
XTR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474113
Vehicle:
06 OB XT

Derp... figured it out, last time I filled up I bumped fuel type and changed to CNG. Whew!!
XTR is offline   Reply With Quote